Please improve 9-25 LR rewards

Currently positions 26-50 receive 2 heroic tokens & 500 iso while positions 9-25 receive 1 LR token & 500 iso.

I would rather have 2 tokens with a 16.5% chance of a 3/4 than 1 token with an 18% chance. Even if I want/need one of the feature LR characters it is still 2 at .5% or 1 at 1%.

This means a bit of juggling in the last few minutes to ensure I don't pop above 50 or below 26.
It is strange having to tank in order to ensure a "lesser" reward.

Here are some suggestions which I believe would make 9-25 worthwhile:

1: Change the 9-25 reward to 1 heroic token & 1 LR token.
2: Change the iso reward to 750 or 1000 for all 1-25 rewards.

Please let me know if I am missing something that makes the LR token more valuable than 2 heroics.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    When LR prize tiers were first built there were guaranteed covers for the character featured in that round. Those were replaced with tokens with a cover for one of the feature characters - which morphed into the watered down, 'tweaked heroic' tokens we have now. The drop rates have gone into the toilet, making the relative value of the prizes harder to justify. Here's how I have tried to explain it to myself...

In the current era: Lightning and Heroic tokens have roughly equal chances of turning into 250/500/1000 ISO (Lightnings may even have a slightly lower chance of becoming 1000 ISO).

Let's look at 2 scenarios:
    Scenario 1: I need covers for the features
    In this scenario these tokens have slightly elevated value due to the ~50% higher chance of getting a cover for a character I need. This sometimes has value to me. (I have never gotten gold/gold on heroics from a 26-50 placement - so the 1 gold I *might* get benefits from a higher chance of being useful.)

Scenario 2: I have all the covers for the features that I need
    If I have fully covered all of the featured characters - then these tokens are only ISO - and likely have a roughly equal chance of as a heroic token. In weeks where I have all the feature covers I need then I try to intentionally place *no higher* than the 26-50 reward tier. The reason for this is that I have an increased chance of drawing a cover I don't need - which translates into a reduced chance of drawing one of the other covers that I do need.

I know it seems like a funky rationalization, but that's how I choose to view it. (Its almost the only way that makes sense now.)