Lets Mixup the Lightning Rounds

CaptTrick
CaptTrick Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
Heroes and Villains works, but this seems such an easy thing to change and keep it fresh. How about some theme based Lightning Rounds:

Avengers - icon_blackwidow.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_thor.pngicon_captainamerica.png
Armed - icon_hood.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_blade.pngicon_psylocke.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_daredevil.png
Bladed - icon_daken.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_blade.pngicon_psylocke.pngicon_gamora.png
Tanks\Strength - icon_captainamerica.pngicon_caroldanvers.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_ragnarok.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_sentry.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_thor.png
Mutants - If I need to explain this one, just ring your call button and Tommy will come back there and hit you on the head with a tack hammer.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Seems like your 'armed' category should include everyone who is 'bladed' (the rim-shot inducing question here... isn't Doc Ock 'armed') ...

But I get the point
    * a 'sharps' event based on edge-weapon users
    * a 'locked and loaded' event highlighting gun-toters.

Another item would be a 'supporting cast' option that buffs all the characters in the sub-6800 health class.
  • There are currently 12 characters vaulted:
    Beast
    Black Panther
    Black Widow
    Colossus
    Daken
    Doctor Octopus
    Iron Man
    Magneto
    Psylocke
    Ragnarok
    She-Hulk
    Thor

Those would divide neatly into 2 six-person groups of Lightning Rounds: Avengers (Beast, Black Panther, Black Widow, Iron Man, She-Hulk, Thor) as one, and others (Colossus, Daken, Doc Ock, Magneto, Psylocke, Ragnarok) might work, or some other way of dividing, even doing a three-way split, but that would make everyone available in one for or another, plus solve the "undesirable lightning round tokens" problem if they were the only 3*s available in Lightning Rounds.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    There are currently 12 characters vaulted:
    Beast
    Black Panther
    Black Widow
    Colossus
    Daken
    Doctor Octopus
    Iron Man
    Magneto
    Psylocke
    Ragnarok
    She-Hulk
    Thor

Those would divide neatly into 2 six-person groups of Lightning Rounds: Avengers (Beast, Black Panther, Black Widow, Iron Man, She-Hulk, Thor) as one, and others (Colossus, Daken, Doc Ock, Magneto, Psylocke, Ragnarok) might work, or some other way of dividing, even doing a three-way split, but that would make everyone available in one for or another, plus solve the "undesirable lightning round tokens" problem if they were the only 3*s available in Lightning Rounds.
    To use 6 characters, you need to change the rotation schedule after the first set. The old Heroic lightning rounds were miserable for me as the time slots I was able to play (6 PM-10 PM approximately) had the worst characters for me at the time. With 5 characters rotating, at least you get a different character the following day.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    To use 6 characters, you need to change the rotation schedule after the first set. The old Heroic lightning rounds were miserable for me as the time slots I was able to play (6 PM-10 PM approximately) had the worst characters for me at the time. With 5 characters rotating, at least you get a different character the following day.

I agree, actually, and prefer the 5-people rotation. But this would only be a problem occasionally, and it's not like it's happening this month. Given that there would probably be 14-15 characters by the time they implemented it, I'd think 3 different groups of 4-5 would probably work.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:

I agree that the absence of actual 'rotation' made the 6-member rounds frustrating. Having the fight on the 9's be the same character 4 times per week (AM and PM) was irritating. Even with the 5-man rotations, having them occur in the same order and start with the same person every week was unfortunate for people with constrained time. Offset the start by 1 every week, or change the order each week; either would help.