"Strongest Color" not working?

SnowcaTT
SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
X-Force black going to take out enemies "Strongest Color"

Playing vs. Bullseye/Venom/Moonstone in Hulk - Hidden Stash: Bolivia.

I use the black to take out Bullseye - and it takes out GREEN. Um, what? I've used OBW to remove most of their AP (including all green) - but obviously that is not their strongest color - it would be purple or black, which all three match. None of them match green.

Maybe it is Bullseyes invisible third color? Well, he's dead and I try it again - now can't. Green was somehow seen as strongest, there were no green tiles left on board, and I can't Surgical Strike when their "strongest color" isn't on the board. So apparently somehow it thought green was Venom's strongest color!

Suggestions:
1) Make the strongest color of opponents apparent, visually perhaps.
2) When one opponent is down, make sure the "strongest color" is one of those remaining opponents.
3) Ensure the "strongest color" is one of those that the opponent actually uses!

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Um... Click on Venom. Look at his strongest colour. Surprise! As the resident 1*, he ensures that his tile strength is also the highest. And yes it's also Bullseye's third colour.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked is correct that there's nothing broken here: if you view their tile damage, Venom has green as his strongest color despite having no green skill.

That said, this suggestion from the OP would be a huge "quality of life" improvement:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Suggestions:
    1) Make the strongest color of opponents apparent, visually perhaps.
  • If they're all the same level, Venom would've the highest match damage no matter where he is because 1* have something like 0.5 higher match strength compared to their 2* counterparts. You can occasionally see this when they round to different nearest 1s but not often and this is an additional layer of confusion on top of characters having match strengths that do not match their ability colors.