Removing Steam!

I enjoy playing marvel quest and while my family members use most of it through google play, I am using a computer and can only access it through STEAM. However their support and repetitive ripping off of customers as well as their extremely poor customer service, refer to email from them below, will have me deleting Steam and any games they allow. Please make a new way to play puzzle quest without going through steam. I have spent much money on family memebers and my own account , however steam does not actually post all funds to the wallet, therefore I can not actually use all funds in the game. Thank them for stealing your profits as well.

This was my 7th email to them attempting to resolve the issue, notice no profanity until the response received from Steam. Mind you this was all over 5.00! They have now been reported to BBB, and I am disputing the transaction.

Steam,

I do apologize that this seems so difficult for you! I would like a supervisor to attend to this email because it will be last I will send before disputing your charges and reporting you to the BBB. I have 6 transactions on my bank statement for 5.00 credits. However on Steam account history I only have 5 credits. I have emailed 3 times about this discrepancy and your poor customer service instead of researching or fixing the problem, has instead told me I am wrong. My purchase was not the fault of Marvel Puzzle Quest as when I attempted to use the money with them, it said purchase can not be completed, no funds on steam account. Because THE TRANSACTION FROM STEAM DID NOT CREDIT TO MY ACCOUNT!
My bank statement shows I was charged Dec 9th, 9th, 10th, 17th, and twice again on the 25th. Steam shows credit on the 5th, 9th, 14th, 23rd, and 24th. Again yes Christmas morning I put ANOTHER 5 dollars on the account, after emailing on the 23rd I believe, when that purchase DID NOT SHOW UP ON MY STEAM ACCOUNT BUT WAS PULLED FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT!
Thanks so much for your honest hard work of ripping off your customers and then pissing them off! I bet this will result in resounding success for your company!

Steam Support

Jan 8 (2 days ago)

========= Please enter your reply ABOVE this line =========

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello ****,

Our records indicate that you have only been charged once for this purchase on your Steam account.

Many credit card companies will place a hold on your funds before authorizing a transaction. In some cases this hold will display as a separate transaction; however, we have only submitted one charge for processing.

Usually this hold will be removed from your statement within 3-5 business days. If the duplicate charge has not been removed after five business days, please reply with a digital photo or scan of your bank / credit card statement showing the duplicate charge, and we will gladly investigate the matter further.

If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.

Comments

• _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Disputing the transaction in such a way or issuing a charge-back is only going to get your Steam account suspended pending investigation (and for an indecisive amount of time at that). I assume you have a credit card registered with Steam to process payments and add currency to your wallet on the fly if too little is remaining to complete a purchase. Have you considered that MPQ could infact have stuffed this up by noticing a shortage in your wallet but still letting the remainder of the transaction run through, instead of correctly cancelling it?

If you have a shortage in the wallet and don't have a card attached for on-the-fly replenishment, that scenario would probably 'cancel' the transaction. However with a credit card attached it could instead still be charging the card, filling the wallet and deducting from the wallet even though the game logic itself would've already aborted the HP/ISO purchase processing the moment it noticed your wallet had a shortage (which it did... for a short time... before payment from your card went through and ended up in the wallet...)

Valve support employees would still see all of these recorded as individual transactions and not as the same, so naturally they'd conclude you were 'only charged once'. Look into your Steam account's purchase history and try to find the individual deposit transactions. Only if you cannot find those, but do have them on your bank statement, did Valve screw something up.