How about, instead of a ** cover...

IamTheBiggs
IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
In lieu of a predesignated star.pngstar.png cover for an award for those ranking 101-300, why not a Heroic token (or equivalent for the event). Frankly, I'd much rather play the odds that I might get something useful rather than something I *know* I don't need.

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good idea. As a player with a progressed roster working on the 3*-4* progression I'd rather this too. Give me a shot at something better than 250 more ISO8.
  • A token instead has been suggested before. That said, I agree it would be better for a chance at something else, though you will most likely still end up with a 2* cover.
  • Everyone knows by now heroic tokens only yield star.pngstar.png covers unless u buy a 10 pack.
  • IamTheBiggs
    Everyone knows by now heroic tokens only yield star.pngstar.png covers unless u buy a 10 pack.

This is not true. Just today, I pulled X-Force from the daily reward token.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Everyone knows by now heroic tokens only yield star.pngstar.png covers unless u buy a 10 pack.

Besides that, I think they need to check those threads with people posting their season ending packs. icon_lol.gif
  • Vladdy
    Vladdy Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    I would even like it when your idea is extended to the 3* cover rewards as well.

Something like:

You are an awesome player because you qualified for this even more awesome Moonstone cover!
    If you don't want Moonstone, press this button to receive 1 heroic token. But remember: Moonstone can steal X-Force's Recovery tile!

or

You are an uber awesome player because you qualified for this mediocre Beast cover!
    If you don't want Beast, press this button to receive 2 heroic tokens. But remember: ...nevermind, go for the tokens!

If you won more than one 3* cover that funny alert will appear once per cover but always with funnier jokes than mine.

This would be a nice additional (ISO is already nice) incentive to go for top 25 and top 5 even if you don't need the covers.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    This idea has all my support, but only if the messages popup in-character of the characters of MPQ - i.e. Wolverine, Deadpool, Spider-Man, Squirrel Girl - hilarious results would ensue.
  • Everyone knows by now heroic tokens only yield star.pngstar.png covers unless u buy a 10 pack.

1% something like this may happen. 99% it's 250 iso
  • IamTheBiggs

1% something like this may happen. 99% it's 250 iso
    Oh, I totally get it. It only made up a little bit for my receiving two 10-Packs in a row with ZERO star.pngstar.pngstar.png covers. Still, I'd rather have the risk of receiving something that'll just end up being more iso with a possible reward of a cover I could use, rather than a guaranteed star.pngstar.png toon that I know I don't need.