Suggestion: Champions League

I made this suggestion when cooldowns were first announced, and there seems to be a bit of interest. I figured I'd throw it out here. Essentially, each season would have an Elite event style Champions League, where players buy-in with HP. This places them in a separate shard with only other CL players, with no shield cooldowns. The HP/ISO rewards would be increased, and season rewards could be either big HP/ISO rewards, or anniversary I style tokens. This way, the vets who always hopped for the rush and not the rewards could still play their way without impacting newer players or hurting the general field. Thoughts?

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the idea of there being more premium events for vets/whales, but I don't think it would work as a separate tiered season. You'd have to have your whole alliance committed to it and that limits it to very few alliances. I'd guess that most of the top 10 alliances would be all in, but outside the top 10 you have a lot of players in top 25 alliances that are F2P and spend next to no HP per event. Big names too. I could see this working as an additional event on top of the season events. Maybe once a week run an event like this for the vets to let off steam.