Shield tokens like health packs to buy a pvp shield

TLDR: player uses a shield token to buy any type of shield (with hero points) without cool down. Regenerate one shield token after a set amount of time to a maximum number of shield tokens.

Feedback: shield cool downs essentially mean I'm paying to not play the game. Being locked out for 8 hours and being stuck watching the clock to play again is not fun at all.

Suggestion: remove Cool downs. Introduce a new item - shield token. Player uses 1 shield token to buy any type of shield they like. Shield tokens Regenerate like health packs to a maximum number of shields. This will limit the number of shields a player can use per event, and allow them to play on their own schedule without having to plan 3 hours and 8 hours ahead. The number of shields used per event can be controlled via regeneration rate and cap.

Shield tokens can also be offered as progression, daily, event, or random rewards. This way a player can choose to not shield in one event in order to have a couple more shields for a future event.

Edit: added (with hero points) to avoid confusion.

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    I actually think this could work pretty well.
  • pmorcs
    pmorcs Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    I am interested in your ideas and would like to sign up for your newsletter.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on board for this too. I like the idea. It's better than cool downs that's for sure.

That said, I've already adjusted to cool downs and they don't bother me so much. I'm more bothered by the impossibility of hitting progressions beyond 1000 without spending massive amounts of HP.
  • The rate you'd generate shield tokens would have to be on the order of 1 per 3 days or less if you could buy a 24 hour shield with it. Even if you can't I don't see this being more than 1 per day and at that level you'd probably be better off to have the event themselves give you a courtsey 3/8 hour shield for hitting certain thresholds.
  • I'm on board for this too. I like the idea. It's better than cool downs that's for sure.

That said, I've already adjusted to cool downs and they don't bother me so much. I'm more bothered by the impossibility of hitting progressions beyond 1000 without spending massive amounts of HP.

I'm all for moving the 1300 to 1000, but what happens to the old 1100? Move it down to 900? 950? If it gets to 800 it's probably a little bit too easy for established players.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    I'm on board for this too. I like the idea. It's better than cool downs that's for sure.

I'm all for moving the 1300 to 1000, but what happens to the old 1100? Move it down to 900? 950? If it gets to 800 it's probably a little bit too easy for established players.
    Sure it will be too easy for established players, but the old 1100 was easy to hit for them to begin with. As long as they lower progressions so that it's possible for me to get the 4* character without spending a ton of HP and two days shield hopping I'm fine.
  • Like I said before, A PVP arena would be fun.
    something that you have to enter to participate in, maybe prizes?