New Gameplay Mode: SURVIVAL

FaustianDeal
FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
I dig the new survival nodes in PVE. What about a separate gameplay mode (next to STORY and VERSUS) that focused on Survival play? No story trying to hang it together... just a series of wicked hard nodes.. (I guess it could even wind up being constructed like a gauntlet PVE, built entirely out of survival nodes.)

A new tab at the top that lets me initiate an on-demand survival node matchup.
You could either have a single, configurable node... which could be hard... or multiple different nodes to support the various options available...

When I start a survival match I can pick from:
- from a preset number of enemy difficulty bands
- the number of waves of enemies I want to face
- the number of enemies per wave
- If the waves can include 'active' opponents rather than goons (and if so - how many)
- from a 'category' of enemies (SHIELD, HAMMER, MAGGIA, HAND, or free-for-all)

prizes could be restricted to ISO.. if this is something users can trigger on-demand the prizes would would have to be pretty crummy low unless there is a cool-down timer between plays on the node(s). The prize(s) should be benchmark against the total number of enemies fought and their average difficulty rating.

The Survival tab could include "challenge" prizes that rotate every day or every week. Things like:
* Win a 3-wave match using only 1*s
* Win 5 'Maggia' survival nodes
* Win a survival node without using an active ability
* Win a match without making a critical tile
* Win using a 'Black Widow' character
Each 'challenge' completed could award a trivial (100ISO) prize.

If D3 administers the nodes then you could rotate through the various configurations of nodes similar to the way lightning rounds are done. 2 days each week where nodes are open, and you rotate between SHIELD, HAMMER, MAGGIA, and HAND nodes. Available Challenges and prizes could be tuned if it was actively managed versus being triggered 'on-demand' by the player.

There could optionally be alliance prizes awarded here. With prizes awarded for the number of nodes cleared by the team (but with no benefit for grinding). During the 'break' week between seasons remove the alliance prizes..

Would this need to be separately monetized? Or will the existing revenue stream of health-packs and boosts be enough to support it? If there are alliance components then it probably can't be separately priced...