Can't view shield cooldowns while shielded

Options
Dayv
Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
With the new shield cooldowns, you need to track your shield cooldowns separately, as you can't see what they are while shielded. For example, let's say you bought a three hour shield, then an eight hour shield. During the eight hour shield you might consider breaking your shield and buying the 3 hour again, but you don't know whether or not you'll be able to yet without separately tracking the cooldowns.

This is really a compounding of the inability to buy a new shield without breaking your current one. The shield purchase screen is not displayable while shielded.

Comments

• whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes because of this many people have had to buy a 24 hour shield or just fight until a shield can be put up.. or lose all their points.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is my only real complaint with shield cool downs. Not being able to see when I can use a particular shield again is like driving without a gas gauge. Sure you can wing it, but it's going to cost you eventually. I've already seen a few players mistime their shields and drop from first to out of top 10 never to return. As much as I don't mind a bump in rank for free, I'd rather that player have the placement that they worked for.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    With the new shield cooldowns, you need to track your shield cooldowns separately, as you can't see what they are while shielded.

Jumping in here to let you know that I was discussing this with Customer Service and a few folks at Demiurge today. So, I can confirm that the developers are aware of the issue and looking into it.