Why The Simulator is like having a baby

Options
Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
It takes nine months.

The last few hours are agony, and you vow to yourself you'll never do it again. Then you do it again. And again.

You end up with a character with a single cover that can't stand up for itself. For months if not years.

(Disclaimer: I am male and have never actually given birth, but I know someone who has.)

Comments

• Moon Roach wrote:
    It takes nine months.

The last few hours are agony, and you vow to yourself you'll never do it again. Then you do it again. And again.

You end up with a character with a single cover that can't stand up for itself. For months if not years.
    (Disclaimer: I am male and have never actually given birth, but I know someone who has.)
    Hmmm....
    You also have to do a lot of pushing towards the end.
    It's also easy to score at the beginning, then scoring becomes more challenging at the end of it.
  • Makes total sense. After giving birth you're left with a priceless baby, after finish Simulator you're left with a priceless cover! (Since it's a new character, no amount of money can get you the first cover).
  • Yeah, it might be 7.5 days (which is far, far too long) but you only need to play 3 days of it to place well due to sub rubberbanding. As long as you clear nodes regularly in the last 12-24hrs of each sub and grind the last hour then you're fine.

Difficulty of this last Hard sub is a little overkill though. I completed a clear this morning but it took me 45 mins and all my healthpacks.
  • Xiltyn
    Xiltyn Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    Yeah, it might be 7.5 days (which is far, far too long) but you only need to play 3 days of it to place well due to sub rubberbanding. As long as you clear nodes regularly in the last 12-24hrs of each sub and grind the last hour then you're fine.

Difficulty of this last Hard sub is a little overkill though. I completed a clear this morning but it took me 45 mins and all my healthpacks.
    Pretty sure they're referencing the SHIELD Simulator Season spanning versus event....
  • Xiltyn wrote:
    Pretty sure they're referencing the SHIELD Simulator Season spanning versus event....

Pretty sure they're not. Only the Roach knows...
  • Moon Roach
    Options
    Xiltyn wrote:

Definitely talking about the event that's just completed (for me, anyhow), the 7.5 day grindfest that gave Luke Cage rewards. And pretty much any PvE that takes a week.

Ooh, there's another Simulator similarity, 3 trimesters / sub-events.
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    Xiltyn wrote:

Definitely talking about the event that's just completed (for me, anyhow), the 7.5 day grindfest that gave Luke Cage rewards.

I also thought that when your title said "The Simulator" that you were talking about The Simulator.
    Stupid me.
  • He was talking about the Simulator. Why, it's almost as if there were two events running simultaneously with the same name...
  • Moon Roach
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Xiltyn wrote:

Definitely talking about the event that's just completed (for me, anyhow), the 7.5 day grindfest that gave Luke Cage rewards.

I also thought that when your title said "The Simulator" that you were talking about The Simulator.
    Stupid me.

It's the one with the thread in "Events, Tournaments, and Missions" called "The Simulator - Dec 30 - Jan 7".

I can understand the confusion though.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    I've always thought it was a Friday afternoon when they decided to use the name Simulator twice. Not the most brilliant move. Just change the PvE event to The Danger Room and be done with the confusion.

I like the analogy, but I actually enjoy most simulator events.