Small but significant ability change for Black Panther.

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
I was thinking how Defense Grid almost never works for me. Since I can't manually place the timer almost always it gets matched before it fires.
So I was going to suggest the first time you activate it it immediately created a protect tile and a countdown timer so at the very least you got one protect tile down. I'm saying this for the AI, too, because it's rare the countdown ever survives three rounds unless the board is just devoid of blues.

Comments

• If not drop a protect immediately maybe just let you place the countdown to increase the odds it doesn't get matched?
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the bigger problem with Defense Grid is how the meta-game devalues defensive abilities overall.

I can think of no change in Defensive Grid that would make it more valuable than his other two abilities. More of those wave fights like we had against the Hand might help change that, but not enough.

Perhaps if this change was implemented at 5 covers... people would still build him 5/3/5.

All that said, BP is not on the top of the list of characters needing a buff. In fact, he's pretty low on that list overall. With RotP he's already on the edge of being OP.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems like an easy fix to me to just make it mimic Battleplan (up the cost to 9), but with Protect tiles instead of Strike tiles, and without the bonus from the Team Ups. It would become much improved on defense, and protect tiles aren't valued so highly as to make it over powered. Still less total defensive power than Classic Magneto's Coercive Field for the same AP, but always usable and always helpful, even if it's just to minimize match damage.
  • could be called fortify defenses