Hire me to create characters

ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
But seriously. I'd love the experience and the ability to contribute to the game.

Check my posts. You'll see I'm a fan, and have fresh ideas.

Iceman, Sabretooth, Dr Strange, War Machine, Jubilee, Thing, Mr Fantastic, Red Hulk, and many more.

CV and references available if required.

Comments

• ronin_san
    edited January 2015
    To add. The problem isn't that you add new characters constantly. The problem is that they're not fun.

Beast is a cool character. He was developed poorly.
    So was Doc Ock. You could go "Sinister Six" over a period of 8 weeks, with a mix of 2 and 3 star characters, culminating with a new, Spectacular Spider-Man. Make him a 3*. We won't care that we're being inundated with new covers if he's fun. Give This Spider-bro a passive (hawkeye style) riposte that does match damage, a web bullets attack (damage all, stuns initial target for x turns; a 2* Storm-like ability), and a web swing that destroys team-ups and generates big cascades. Maybe Spider-Man is too expensive to license. Go Ben Reilly, then. AGAIN, if he's developed properly, the players will buy in.

Want another fun character that's cheap to license? Deadlok. Moon Knight. Banshee. Black Tom - TO COINCIDE WITH A NEW JUGGERNAUT, Domino, Iron Fist, Wolfsbane, Red Skull, Mordo, Kang (4star for sure), etc.....

Heck. We'd rock Mole Man, IMMEDIATELY, if he was created properly. That's the silliest part. You don't have to invest big $$ in licensing to make a huge impact on player interest. If Mole Man was good, we'd use him before Patch, 3Cap, Black Panther, and more.
  • So...basically you want them to give you money to just list off completely random names of Marvel characters that exist?

(and no, nobody...NOBODY...wants 7 new characters in 8 weeks.)
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    I second this. The OP had some really awesome ideas for Sabertooth. If D3 does not want to hire him/her, they can just read his/her posts and use the ideas for free. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif
  • ronin_san
    edited January 2015
    I second this. The OP had some really awesome ideas for Sabertooth. If D3 does not want to hire him/her, they can just read his/her posts and use the ideas for free. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

It was as much as anything a provocational post against dumb and undertested characters. I'd love to have a hand in character creation. Ghost Rider with a penance stare ability (drop a timer-looking countdown tile that increments every time your team is attacked, doing patch-like damage per counter) is a seriously nasty ability. Do you take the 1k initial damage, or let the countdown tile grow until it one-shots wolverine? That's essentially how he kills Galactus in the comics. He looks him in the face and makes Galactus feel the pain he's inflicted over the centuries.

A chain flachette and that destroys tiles and a flame breath that generates reds would be mega, too. Ghost Rider has the potential to be the most broken character, but also the MOST FUN IN A LONG TIME.

And so with Iceman. Timer tiles that randomly change neighboring tiles to blue? Like a creeping frost ability that eventually, if unchecked, turns the whole board blue? Who doesn't want blue generation? Heck. Iceman has the potential to be the first 3* with an offset blue ability. Clearly Blue is his strongest color. What if his blue does 4* grade match damage, but his red is severely underpowered? So far, we've only got characters who have 3 strong and 3 weak abilities. Iceman could be the one MEGA 2 so-so, 2 weak, 1 pitiful ability. That's a new dynamic that they've not even implemented.
  • ronin_san
    So...basically you want them to give you money to just list off completely random names of Marvel characters that exist?

(and no, nobody...NOBODY...wants 7 new characters in 8 weeks.)

Sure. I'll respond to that. It's not that a heap of new characters will disconnect players from their wallets, so-to-speak. It's that proper character development is just as important as releasing new characters.

I don't expect this post to be taken seriously. I meant it to say "please develop characters such that we WANT to use them". Thanks for your feedback.