Cover Based Brackets

The problem: In PvP some people already have all the covers for the top rewards, as such even though they place highly the covers end up being sold for iso. On the flip side transitioning players have trouble competing with those stronger PvP players and as such can't earn the higher rank rewards.

Suggested fix: When selecting a time shard give the option to select reward brackets, one bracket would award mostly iso or tokens and maybe 4* covers the other would be the current scheme of 3* covers with top 4* reward. This would give veterans an opportunity to feel that their rewards are worth the effort and transitioners a better opportunity for the 3* covers they need.

Comments

• Great idea! They could make 50k iso as the top reward in one bracket, or a 10 heroic pack, etc. That would definitely change things up a bit.
  • Yeah, this subject was highlighted in my bracket for Top Gun. The top ten were all 3k+ points, I had trouble breaking 600 due to insane number of defense hits when unshielded. As such I couldn't break top 100 and I need that patch cover, my patch is sitting with 4 Red until I get a yellow or green. The top 10 in comparison all have fully covered patch, so they weren't in it for the patch covers and all burned them for iso. Very frustrating!
  • I think something like this would be great, maybe run two parallel events and people can only select one to compete in. One event gives 4* covers, iso, hp, whatever, another gives 3* covers, iso, hp. Expand event tiers in the current structure at the very least.

It is so frustrating to see the same thing in every pvp. Top guys all pushing scores up for alliance, season, progression rewards. Transitioning players scramble to keep top 100 spot with 600 pts. This last pvp the guy who took #1 in my bracket had three 270 xforces and another one up and coming. Also a fully loaded mystique, so clearly didn't need any of the covers. Now I feel fortunate that I got to 600 pts and ended top 100 so now I have a single purple and blue mystique. She's almost not a complete waste of roster space!

So many people are in my situation. The top dudes justify their position because their big spending keeps the game running. Fine, keep spending. But those of us who enjoy the journey to earn covers would like a little more chance at reasonable progression. Keep in mind that it is our softer rosters that give you the quick and easy pvp wins. Squeeze us out of the competition constantly and you have nobody to fight but yourselves.
  • Squeeze us out of the competition constantly and you have nobody to fight but yourselves.

Great point, I have already seen this in action in another MMO game that focused on PTW a bit too much.
  • Solarris wrote:
    I think something like this would be great, maybe run two parallel events and people can only select one to compete in. One event gives 4* covers, iso, hp, whatever, another gives 3* covers, iso, hp. Expand event tiers in the current structure at the very least.

It is so frustrating to see the same thing in every pvp. Top guys all pushing scores up for alliance, season, progression rewards. Transitioning players scramble to keep top 100 spot with 600 pts. This last pvp the guy who took #1 in my bracket had three 270 xforces and another one up and coming. Also a fully loaded mystique, so clearly didn't need any of the covers. Now I feel fortunate that I got to 600 pts and ended top 100 so now I have a single purple and blue mystique. She's almost not a complete waste of roster space!

So many people are in my situation. The top dudes justify their position because their big spending keeps the game running. Fine, keep spending. But those of us who enjoy the journey to earn covers would like a little more chance at reasonable progression. Keep in mind that it is our softer rosters that give you the quick and easy pvp wins. Squeeze us out of the competition constantly and you have nobody to fight but yourselves.

I totally agree with this "quoted" post and i already gave a solution who could fix the problem of covers. But we need support of lot of people to "maybe" be heared 1 day.
    Link is in my signature, if you like the idea don't hesistate to share with the most people you know.