Event Help Needed

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Hi guys,
I got a question for you, I try to get higher up in the ratings but it seems anytime I get to the top 100 I get stuck and cant get any or barely any Shield points from repeatable matches (0-5pts per match), whats the trick, how am I supposed to rank higher without any match that gives me Shield points.

I saw some people talking about "rubberbanding" in other posts, whats that ?, only rubberbanding I know is in Shooters when there is major lag hehe.

Also while I'm at it, down the road, what final covers would work best for ares 3/5/5 or something else ?

Thanks

Comments

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The repeatable missions points diminish each time you complete them (to 0 after 4-5 times), then reset back to full after 8 hours.

In MPQ, rubber-banding refers to a system which boosts your points-per-mission depending upon your points in the meta-event'; in this case "The Hunt" - the one with the picture of Stark Tower and no repeatable missions.
    So people with low ranking in "The Hunt" get more points in "The Hunt: [place name]" missions, to help them catch-up & stay in contention for the meta rewards (the track that stretches up to 80k points).

Consequently "The Hunt: [place name]" event scoreboards can be lead by people who are playing the meta-event casually/not-at-all, but decide that blitz particular event - they have far higher point potential there than someone with a good "The Hunt" ranking who plays everything 100%.
    All you can really do is aim to get the points every 8 hours, and try for the big boss team battles (L135 > 240) if you can!

@ Ares
    Everyone has their own opinion, and it depends which other characters you have levelled + what you want to use him for.
    355 Is the max. power max. risk build, so high impact but not so-good for building your core team around because he'll be needing a lot of health packs if used constantly.
    553 Is the opposite, while 535 wouldn't seem the best!

Personally, when/if I level mine (still a few people ahead of him for ISO) I would be aspiring to 355 for using him against L200+ PvE teams.
  • cool, Thx for the infos, very helpful
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I personally am looking at 4/4/5 Ares. Maxes damage potential of green and red. I'm hoping to not have Ares health sub 30% that often so the difference between 4 and 5 red is negligible. And the reducing the trigger number for burning all my green from 6 to 5 feels irrelevant when it will consume it all regardless.