Catalyst Tokens for 1* -> 2* -> 3* -> 4*

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
Another Marvel game, Contest of Champions, has a slew of Marvel characters who are star.png , star.pngstar.png , star.pngstar.pngstar.png , or star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png . They level up with ISO + Gold.

It is possible to change the star-rating of a character by collecting Catalyst tokens. They are rather difficult to get in the other game.

MPQ should have something like Catalyst tokens. Transitioning players would find a Catalyst token very useful for "Lazy" characters. If they have a maxed 2* Thor, then they could upgrade to a 3* Thor with 13 covers, at level 94.

1* -> 2* Catalyst tokens should be rare.
2* -> 3* Catalyst tokens should be very rare.
3* -> 4* Catalyst tokens should be extremely rare awards.

Some characters, like Juggernaut, don't have different star levels. If Juggs got upgraded, It would change his star level and increase his max level to 94.

I rather like 2* Magneto, so I wouldn't mind making a 3* version of him with a Catalyst. I also like 2* Hawkeye and Ares.

If I had a 3* -> 4* Catalyst tokens, who would I use it for? Black Panther, Blade, Captain America, and Human Torch would all be excellent 4* characters. I'm not sure who I'd pick.

Comments

• Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ranking up your hero in that game does not change it's star rating.

A hero can be leveled up to 10. At every 10 levels, you can rank it up, allowing an additional 10 levels (and sometimes unlocking a new skill, depending on the heroes star level).

A 1 star can be ranked to "rank 2", a 2 star to "rank 3", and so on.

"Rank" and "Star level" are two different metrics. A 4 star hero at rank 4 is roughly twice as strong as a 3 star hero at rank 4.