So what's the deal with this guy? Possible cheater?

Options
Gowaderacer
Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So I chose the first slice in Cat-5 thinking it would be an easy first for the yellow Fury, then I see siXtynine with a score of over 4000 with more than 24 hours to go! How is this possible?

Comments

• Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No, he's not cheating.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No, and if you brought this up in an MPQ FB group yesterday, it was discussed to death there. If not, my apologies. The post is nearly the same though
    But either way, there's a process for reporting cheaters described in a stickied post in Bugs/Technical issues. Don't speculate and call someone out publicly, report it and move on.
  • There are several of us with 4k+ scores and some with 5500+

It's not that hard to figure out how it's done.

Seems like just yesterday that everyone swore that Xmen were cheating because they reached a "clearly impossible" score of 2000. 2000 isn't even enough for top 5 in many brackets now days icon_lol.gif
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    There are several of us with 4k+ scores and some with 5500+

Damn! Can you, please, make sure to get a screenshot at the end to see, for us not in your time slice?

It's like watching a rocket launch from down below. icon_e_wink.gif
  • There are several of us with 4k+ scores and some with 5500+

It's not that hard to figure out how it's done.

Seems like just yesterday that everyone swore that Xmen were cheating because they reached a "clearly impossible" score of 2000. 2000 isn't even enough for top 5 in many brackets now days icon_lol.gif

I think you'll safely get 1st in ours icon_e_wink.gif

I just wish y'all had done this in sim. Can you imagine how high those scores would have been without a 2.5 day time constraint.

We'll all miss these sweet points soon enough, but nice to see some go out with a bang, a very, very big bang.
  • esoxnepa wrote:

Damn! Can you, please, make sure to get a screenshot at the end to see, for us not in your time slice?

Well VC and PR are both in the alliance "The Defenders" (Currently 2nd) and Francky and Maestro are both in Shi-ar (Currently first). So you can track their progress simply by looking at their alliance scores in the top 10. 6k not so far away for them.
  • esoxnepa wrote:

Well VC and PR are both in the alliance "The Defenders" (Currently 2nd) and Francky and Maestro are both in Shi-ar (Currently first). So you can track their progress simply by looking at their alliance scores in the top 10. 6k not so far away for them.

Out of curiosity, how many shields does it take to get to 4000, 5000, 6000, infinity? I would guess an average of 70 points per shieldhop starting from 1000, which would mean 43 to get to 4000.
  • papa07 wrote:
    esoxnepa wrote:

Out of curiosity, how many shields does it take to get to 4000, 5000, 6000, infinity? I would guess an average of 70 points per shieldhop starting from 1000, which would mean 43 to get to 4000.

That's assuming they don't get hit for any -50's. So a lot of shields. In greatest of ironies, X-men seem to have less than 2k scores.
  • Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options

I remember that, and I remember the day when it dawned on me how you guys did it. Certainly changed the way the game was/is played.
  • papa07 wrote:

I'd have to do the math....

All these guys started much earlier than me and were north of the 3000's when I hit the 700-800 pt range where I could start queuing them.

I placed my first shield at 1600 because the -50's started rolling in. With some patience I could have kept going but it's really hard to get much higher than that without a shield. The highest I've ever seen someone get with a first shield is Knox @ 1700ish. Anyway... From 1600 to roughly 2500 I was hitting 3 targets at a time so that's 150 for each hop. At 150 pts per hop every 10 mins it doesn't take long to score 1000 pts. From 2500 on to what I'm at now I've been hitting 2 at a time for 100 pts total. Occasionally you get hit for 50 that negates one of the hits but I haven't had that many of those. 2500-4500 would be 20 hops (If you never get hit) + costs of boosts. No cost for Health packs as GT and XF don't need them but you definitely need to use boosts at these kind of scores. You only have a couple minutes to get in and out.

Anyway all the credit goes to Francky, Maestro, VC, PR, Sham, Nesk/69 as they did all the work... I'm just picking at their points like a vulture. Getting to 4000 and picking at someone elses points who have already done it are two completely different processes.
  • That's assuming they don't get hit for any -50's. So a lot of shields. In greatest of ironies, X-men seem to have less than 2k scores.

Your concept of irony is the same as Alanis Morisette's.