Post-Event Token Drop Rates?

Options
VonMatterhorn
VonMatterhorn Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So I've searched the boards a bit and couldn't find an answer to the following question:

What are the drop rates on special event tokens after the event has ended and a new one has started?

I've got 9 Enemy of the State tokens so far, and I'm not exactly thrilled at the idea of higher drop rates for electra/mohawk/DD.
However, I'm definitely looking forward to the next PvE, which I assume will have higher drop rates for Patch, who I'd love to grab a few covers for.
But obviously, there'd be no point in saving up these EotS tokens for this purpose if they retain their drop rates or revert to heroic ones.

Comments

• Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Options
    Event Tokens are specific to the PVE that you earned them in. They retain their advertised drop rates after the event ends. They do not revert to Heroic Tokens, nor do they change into Tokens for the next Event. However, if you're willing to wait for the next time the same Event rolls around, you will probably see different drop rates.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Aren't people who don't open event tokens right away also able to use them to predict what events are scheduled to happen next? My understanding is the event token for, say, Enemy of the State will move out of the 'expired events' listing when that event is about to run again. It also gives them a sneak peak at who the featured characters are because you can see who gets boosted drop rates...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Aren't people who don't open event tokens right away also able to use them to predict what events are scheduled to happen next? My understanding is the event token for, say, Enemy of the State will move out of the 'expired events' listing when that event is about to run again. It also gives them a sneak peak at who the featured characters are because you can see who gets boosted drop rates...
    The sneak peek is just for the token screen as I understand it as the drop rates aren't available until just before the event starts. Still, the graphics can give you some idea about who is boosted and not.
  • V1rusHunter
    V1rusHunter Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I confirmed with LCap's First Avenger PvP that the rates do change when they wrap around to that same event. It takes a lot of patience and will power though to sit on tokens.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Options
    So do you recommend sitting on tokens until the next event or not? I open all of mine as soon as I get them and I only get 2* characters that I have already maxed out. It's really irritating.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dider152 wrote:
    So do you recommend sitting on tokens until the next event or not? I open all of mine as soon as I get them and I only get 2* characters that I have already maxed out. It's really irritating.
    The chances of getting a 3* won't change, so there's little reason to hang on to the tokens for that reason. The main reason to save tokens is if you aren't interested in the characters with boosted draw rates, in that case it could be better to wait for the next iteration and hope someone you want is boosted then. For example, I have a fully covered Patch, so I'll save any Simulator tokens I get this round until the round when Mystique has a boosted draw chance since I need her tokens the most.