What covers are the best for killing countdown tiles?

Options
Magnito is an obvious one but would like some backup - especially if it can be done with non blue tiles. I guess Captain America will be good once red and blue are maxed out since I think you can them use on countdowns. I've read people saying Hawkeye is good but not sure why. I tried the modern version and I can't aim his shots. Is it different with the one star version? I never liked that one but perhaps I missed the point of him. I have been focused on a few core covers and may have missed the boat on these guys.

What strategies are you guys using?

Comments

• I Like Magneto Now!, Classic Black Widow to kill countdowns
  • Don't see a Classic Black Widow. Do you mean Grey Suit?
  • Bag man spidey can be usefull too. I like storms green skill for last resort clean up and blue stun (stunned opponents dunt set new timers). Thors red and yellow skills ad yellow or green tiles wich can be handy. And yes magneto marvel now works to. I use his pink skillbto add the blue tiles to change the board and setup storms stun.
  • 1 Star Hawkeye can destroy an entire row for 7 red AP at level 5. His purple skill costs 14 AP at lvl 5 and turns a selected tile into a crit tile.

Yelena can turn two enemy tiles into crit tiles for 13 black AP at lvl 5. At the moment I think it's bugged though because when I use it, it changes one.

Thor and Ragnarok can change random tiles into green ones, which are good for getting rid of green enemy countdown tiles (Rocket Launcher and Flamethrowers, the painful AoE ones)

Bag Man Spider Man is useful for freezing/increasing the countdown on the timers.

If you're planning on running the repeatable mission I think it'd be wise to take at least one of these guys. You have to remember that you also need damage so overall, I think Thor is the best (for the green countdown tiles and damage)
  • greggray24 wrote:
    I've read people saying Hawkeye is good but not sure why. I tried the modern version and I can't aim his shots. Is it different with the one star version? I never liked that one but perhaps I missed the point of him. I have been focused on a few core covers and may have missed the boat on these guys.

Yeah for clearing countdown tiles I think Hawkeye classic is the best (if you don't have a decent Magneto). I at first thought about him as you do but then I was able to beat the Hard Mission with him relatively regually. And here are the reasons:

His second skill at max rank costs 7 red AP, in most of the early board setup thats nothing. So at the beginning you don't have to try to clear the countdown tiles you only have to got 7 Red AP.

This skill clears an entire row. Although its sometimes hard to match a lot of different countdown tiles in short time, it's much easier to play them in the same row during the time you have and then clear multiple countdowns with one shot.

His first ability is with 14 at max rank a little bit more expensive but its the ideal backup because you can target the countdown tile direct and negate it with turning it into a critical. And if you do it right you can set of a chain reaction with good damage because of his crit multiplier.

Finally both abilities changes the board and they consume no timer on the countdown (like every other skill)

I Think what's most important is that you don't use the skills right away but only when the countdown is at 1 and it's absolutely necessary.
  • Captain America is also decent if you can max his Red/Blue skills. You can simply replace their tiles with your own that will restore your own AP within a few turns.
  • Black Widow Grey Suit is really good

all abilities can be used in some way or another to kill tiles. Sniper rifle kills a lot of tiles, pistol allows selection of two areas. Deceptive tactics can be used in creative ways to eliminate countdown tiles.
  • Thanks for all the great advice. Been doing well with Thor, 1 star Storm, and Magneto. Will keep my eyes open for Black Widow Grey Suit. Tried Hawkeye and he is not bad either but hate to use red for defense.
  • 1 Star Storm + Captain America combo is so good I'm having only moderate difficulty in the repeatable Iso 8 missions with low level characters.
  • juggernaut might do the same ^^, but still better use storm .
    in hard mission usually i don't need the urge to match the enemy cdown tile. i use classic storm to finish them quickly. with2 low level bait to receive damage ^^
  • juggernaut might do the same ^^, but still better use storm .
    in hard mission usually i don't need the urge to match the enemy cdown tile. i use classic storm to finish them quickly. with2 low level bait to receive damage ^^
    Juggs doesn't generate AP, unlike Storm. I actually like Juggs a lot in this game though. Classic Storm is great on missions where they give you temp heroes you can sacrifice since they auto-heal every game.