Bah Humbug

Options
homeinvasion
homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Every game I play offered a Christmas cheer present to their customers. EVERY other game. instead D3 offers 2.8% tokens on Elektra and buggy tournaments that yield nothing. So the games I play that gave Christmas presents:

Clash of Clans
Marvel Heroes 2015
Magic Online
World of Warcraft
Plant Versus Zombies
Planteside 2

Anyway please post the other games you play that received an even nominal effort to say thanks. D3 if you are wondering why you lost my business then this is the reason. You are stingy scrooges that **** your customers for money and input the required minimum to keep the pay checks coming.

Please post other games that you play that gave you something, not demanded more.

Watch this post get moved to suggestions and feedback

Comments

• homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    STOP BUYING TOKENS ALL OF YOU JUST STOP THEY ARE A LOTTERY SCAM.
  • Nah, I love me my discount tokens. Half my roster is from discount tokens from the hp of events.

You're just plain unlucky, mate. icon_neutral.gif

Peace.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Mod Edit: Image removed, inappropriate language.

So d3 is stingy. We get it.
  • Bloo_Alliance
    Options
    You should have suggested Hannukah gifts instead. 8 gifts instead of one!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They are giving us Electra LR for a week where you can win 3 recruite tokens for 1st place. I have taken 2 firsts and 1 2nd place. With those I have gotten 3 usable 3* covers. Are they even 2 hours no, but if you play the last 20 min you can win some good prizes with only 20 people in each LR. They are also giving us a break by not putting out big prizes over the holidays. All of these are very positive things, so I will say thanks D3 for this Holliday season.
  • Mikaveus
    Mikaveus Posts: 202
    Options
    Elektra LR as a "gift"? Sorry guys but I can't remember the last Christmas where mom and dad said "Boys, we might have an awesome gift for you (depending on your luck) but we can only reward one of you. First one around the house gets the gift. Coal to the rest!" icon_lol.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    siebenvier wrote:
    Mod Edit: Image removed, inappropriate language.

So d3 is stingy. We get it.
    wonder how fast id be moderated posting this. guess alliance mates are privileged
  • TF2 gave everyone a free MvM ticket.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    wonder how fast id be moderated posting this. guess alliance mates are privileged
    No, they're not. In fact, I'm more likely to err on the side of removing something offensive from one of them to try to avoid exactly that impression.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I thought there might be a surprise, trivial node with a little box & bow icon and once you played it you got a heroic token or 1000 ISO or sumptin.

There was nothing in my stocking. icon_cry.gif

I really didn't expect anything from D3. Doesn't seem like how they roll.
  • BigOldBob
    BigOldBob Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    What do you expect? Maybe a full maxed 4*?

Electra LRs are the easiest way since anniversary week to get 3* cover and improve your roster. 20 men brackets are so small and 90 minutes are so short, that everyone has a good chance for top spots.

In my eyes that's indeed a gift.
  • BigOldBob wrote:

Electra LRs are the easiest way since anniversary week to get 3* cover and improve your roster. 20 men brackets are so small and 90 minutes are so short, that everyone has a good chance for top spots.

I understand where you are coming from, but for some people, working for a gift negates the fact that it is a gift.

To take advantage of this gift, I would have to fit in another play mode on top of PvP and PvE.

My two cents in this matter is not "Why didn't they give a gift?"

For me it is "Why wouldn't they give a gift?"

Nothing to get upset about, but the OP makes a good point. The amount of goodwill generated by a 1000 ISO gift to the masses is worth infinitely more than the 1/2 of a 3* level that 1000 ISO is actually worth.

It's not anger, it's befuddlement.
  • BigOldBob
    BigOldBob Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Sure, calling electra LRs or new pve content or new node mode a present or not is a question of expectations.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BigOldBob wrote:

I can see the Elektra LR's as a gift. I just wish they had let the regular LR finish first. We missed a whole day of iso from them ending early. And also wish the Elektra rounds came more often. Every ten hours is a bit of a wait. Personally, I'd prefer every 4 hours, or at least every 6 hours.

But all in all, I kind of like the Elektra LR going until the end of the year. Top spot gets 3 heroic tokens. Twice a day gets you up to 6 heroics a day. So I can see it as a gift.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    STOP BUYING TOKENS ALL OF YOU JUST STOP THEY ARE A LOTTERY SCAM.

How are they a 'scam'? You are notified of the odds of winning different things up front.

Just because you don't like something doesn't make it a scam.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This "issue" is pretty similar to the whole token thing I wrote about a little bit back; people don't like receiving a chance to get something as something they are given - whether it be compensation, a gift, or anything else you are given. It sucks getting a gift that may or may not actually be something.

How awesome would it be if your significant other walked up to you with three envelopes and said, "Pick one", and only one had a gift in it? Pretty damn awful.

I'm not upset that we didn't really "get" anything, but I do think it's odd that they didn't at least ship some tokens/ISO-8/Hero Points out to everyone. It's simple, easy, and effective. If they sent out an e-mail to everyone saying that they received some bonus package for the holidays, they might even drag some people back.

I would even say I'm "okay" with the fact our gift was 20-man Lightning Rounds, even though I didn't get to participate in them at all.

Here's the thing though, and I'll use a personal example. On my phone, I used to play this game called Lies of Astaroth. It was a fun game for quite a bit of time, but after awhile I got bored of the having to grind for three hours before I could get past the next "event". Eventually I uninstalled it because all I was doing was logging in for daily rewards, which are cumulative in this game - so if I miss a day, I miss a bunch of rewards for the month - and I just stopped after awhile and a little bit after that I was uninstalling things to install new things and it went out the door. Well, low and behold, the game makers make a post on their Facebook page (as well as e-mailing me at the e-mail I registered to the game with) about sending everybody a bunch of materials. I mean a bunch. Each player who is over level 5 received a "Christmas Gift Pack" which contains 300 Crystals, 10 Magic Cards, 30 Universal 4-star Scraps, 100 Universal 3-star Scraps. Crystals are an in-game currencies you can buy card packs with. Magic Cards are kind of like Heroic Tokens, except sort of better because they guarantee a certain rarity of card (but in all fairness they balance this by having some suboptimal cards in those rarities). The scraps are used to make cards of the applicable level, but this is of course very random, and can require a lot of pieces. My point is, I downloaded it again that day and I've been playing it again, albeit lightly, because the same problems are still there, but they are slightly elevated by the gifts I was given.

Bottom line, it costs them literally nothing to give a small hand-me-out to the player base for the holiday, but if they want to do something unique like special Lightning Rounds - tell us beforehand so we know - I'm all for special events for holidays, even if it's something simple like a 20-man Lightning Round, but I want to know that.
  • Every game I play offered a Christmas cheer present to their customers. EVERY other game. instead D3 offers 2.8% tokens on Elektra and buggy tournaments that yield nothing. So the games I play that gave Christmas presents:

Clash of Clans
    Marvel Heroes 2015
    Magic Online
    World of Warcraft
    Plant Versus Zombies
    Planteside 2

Anyway please post the other games you play that received an even nominal effort to say thanks. D3 if you are wondering why you lost my business then this is the reason. You are stingy scrooges that tinykitty your customers for money and input the required minimum to keep the pay checks coming.

Please post other games that you play that gave you something, not demanded more.

Watch this post get moved to suggestions and feedback

Yep, Demiurge is the Ebenezor Scrooge of the holidays. I received $50 in iTunes gift cards afor the Holiday and I WILL NOT be spending any of it on MPQ.

Injustice Gods Among Us has given away 5,000-20,000 gold EACH DAY over the last 2 weeks.
    Perfect Kick - 10 coupons each day for the last 1-2 weeks.

I don't really play many mobile games.
  • TheDobot
    TheDobot Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    If you have played since day one, and not missed a day, of the daily rewards you got a 4* blue NF cover. They did give vets a Xmas reward and I was happy with it, but I can see the people not at that stage being upset. It's more upsetting that the game didn't count over 20000 points in the new pve taking me out of the patch running and it's awful they unleashed a new node that is purely designed to run down your teams hit points. Also the ninjas feeding feed massive amounts of red ap to chrs is going to suck moving forward.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I'm sorry, I don't see the elektra a much of a gift when the terrible timing on them means that in losing a bunch of Iso compared to if they had just run the remaining day