Add another rank of 3* in PvP

yogi_
yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
Dear devs,

I am not sure how many times I or others have to ask and yes, I know, your metrics this and metrics that, but for those of us who make a genuine attempt and keep falling JUST outside the top 100 again (what's that now, the 20th / 30th / 40th time, I've lost count), please give 3* covers to ranks 125 or even 150.

I don't need my 184th Ares cover at this point (in case you were unsure), but actually needed the black Hulk cover that I missed out on due to endless retaliations in the last part of the game.

You should be trying to make the transition to a full 3* roster slightly easier in comparison to the s/fight it is now (and yes, I've read the Q&A and am familiar with your porous justification for the 2* to 3* transition).

Thanks - that would be swell.

Comments

• _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seconded.

But I can tell you now it's going to be falling on deaf ears...
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    yogi_ wrote:
    I don't need my 184th Ares cover at this point (in case you were unsure), but actually needed the black Hulk cover that I missed out on due to endless retaliations in the last part of the game.
    Do you shield at all? It's very hard to survive that last hour without a shield or two. Invest 150 hp for two three hour shields. It'll make a difference.

I agree with your idea of opening up the amount of people who can get 3*s. I have a fully covered Hulk, but I need to get 700 points in PVP for my alliance, and to keep my season score strong, but I feel that it's kind of **** that I got three Hulk covers that I sold today. I pushed to 800 points, I didn't want to crack top 5. Its not a great system right now. Probably most players in the top ten already had the Hulk fully covered. A lot of people sold Hulk covers today.
  • _RiO_
    Square wrote:
    Do you shield at all? It's very hard to survive that last hour without a shield or two. Invest 150 hp for two three hour shields. It'll make a difference.
    I've done the last couple of PvPs without shields and was only attacked once. Whether or not you are attacked probably heavily depends on whether you play the 'crazy' US slices or laid back 'rest-of-world' slices.
    Personally, what consistently stops me from getting top 100 is the 166 wall being erected earlier and earlier. If your point build-up is forced to stop cold around the 90th rank, that leaves far too low a margin of error for comfort for a top 100 finish. Even if you would use shields to protect you from all attacks, you would still be passed over by players making their last-hour push.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    one thing that someone else threw out: I'm not sure if its a viable alternative to this idea... what if they replaced the 2* prizes with a heroic token instead? You might still draw your 185th Ares, but you might also get to pull something decent. Dunno - there are almost times I wish you could optionally trade the 3* placement prizes for a heroic pull, even if I lost 250 ISO in the deal... maybe the people finishing just outside top-100 feel similarly.

(I also wish there was a way to be competitive for season placements without having to place well [and take rewards] in every PVP - even ones where I don't need the cards.)
  • yogi_
    Tried a different tactic.

Worked ok. 110th. Just ran out of time.

I guess it didn't really work out after all.

It's ok, I didn't need the Black Storm anyway.*

*Really, I did, I'm just trying to say nice words to cover my frustration (and for the first time in months, I am doing very well in PvE... and ironically don't really need the Patch covers; was thinking about actually falling back a rank or two in case someone else could use them). Meanwhile, I estimate I've had less than a handful of 3* covers in the last dozens and dozens of event tokens. This really shts me even more.
  • _RiO_
    yogi_ wrote:
    Meanwhile, I estimate I've had less than a handful of 3* covers in the last dozens and dozens of event tokens. This really shts me even more.

Tokens just means everyone takes turns getting dumped on by the RNG: Sometimes, when it's in a good mood, it dumps gold in your lap, but most of the times it still dumps **** in your lap.
    Random is random, baby.

Having just come out of a losing streak myself; you have my sympathy.
  • yogi_
    Ah, life...
  • yogi_
    The frustation of falling JUST outside of the top 100 again and getting a stupid BW cover is overwhelming.

Wasting my breath...
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    yogi_ wrote:
    The frustation of falling JUST outside of the top 100 again and getting a stupid BW cover is overwhelming.

Wasting my breath...
    Was that with using shields?
  • yogi_
    locked wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:

Wasting my breath...
    Was that with using shields?

To be honest this time, I just ran out of time to play much and the scores kept on climbing, so it was semi self imposed on this occasion - my score was not even worth considering a shield for.

In general though, am not comfortable with using shields when I am usually only aiming for one cover. It's just not worth losing HP over.

Were there one more rank of 3* covers, I would have been ok. Again.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    yogi_ wrote:
    To be honest this time, I just ran out of time to play much and the scores kept on climbing, so it was semi self imposed on this occasion - my score was not even worth considering a shield for.

In general though, am not comfortable with using shields when I am usually only aiming for one cover. It's just not worth losing HP over.

Did you know shard 5 was the most likely to have outrageous scoring?
    And while I agree that just one 3* cover isn't worth shielding for, as a rule, and its true worth is much, much lower than 1250 HP, I feel you at least should be able to come out HP-neutral after using a 75 HP shield once in the event.
  • locked wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:

Did you know shard 5 was the most likely to have outrageous scoring?
    And while I agree that just one 3* cover isn't worth shielding for, as a rule, and its true worth is much, much lower than 1250 HP, I feel you at least should be able to come out HP-neutral after using a 75 HP shield once in the event.

Everyone has different experiences.....but when I was 2* I never would have made transition without shields. Every PvP. Just one 3 hour timed at your peak score is a cover. Eventually it matters and a cover IS worth 75 hp. Imo.