Show wave number in survival nodes

Remember playing a survival node and saving up AP in order to knockout Wolverine as soon as he jumps in? Have you ever been fighting for so long that you forgot the wave number? Even if you know Wolverine is the 4th enemy in wave 3 and the 3rd in wave 5, that knowledge will do you no good if you can't remember whether you're in wave 3 or 4.

Why not show the wave number in survival nodes, just like how enemy numbers are also shown?

This is simple and easy to implement and makes life much easier for players. In a minimalist version, only one number has to be added to the existing enemy counter in a wave. For example, 2-3 could indicate wave 2 with 3 enemies left.

Edit: Showing the total number of waves in the node would be helpful too, as it helps players decide whether they should conserve AP or not.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    do they show us when the wave is starting (like by saving 'wave 3 of 4' or something like that)?

This doesn't change the fact that I still lose my place somewhere in the middle of a wave and I would love some way to figure out where I am again.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, it tells you when the wave is starting... but I agree with OP, it'd be really handy to know during the wave as well. In a node of 4 or 5 waves, particularly the hard ones, it's easy for something irl to interrupt for a few minutes. By the time I get back to the game, I've always forgotten where I'm up to. icon_lol.gif

They also start blurring into each other after the 235th run through of multiple survival nodes. I forget which node I'm even in half the time. icon_e_confused.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, more than a few times I've conserved AP for the wave where Gorgon shows up only to realize that I was already in the final wave when I see "VICTORY". This would help.
  • Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    This.

Seriously, I finished too many battles with multiple Call the Storms still saved, thinking there was another wave to go.