Poll for revising old PVE's with Survival modes

Unknown
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I think other then the bugged Black Hole, the survival mode has been pretty nice, and scaling has not been horrendous. Who else would like to see the older PVE's include some survival mode nodes?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am all for th goon battles to be more survival mode compared to massive scaling. No more 395 goons. Make Spidy more playable.
  • If it includes large numbers of maggia muscles then i might vote to pass..... The survival nodes in enemy of the state are helped by not having goons who do insane damage on a given CD and moderate health. Not sure how well it would translate to some of the pre-existing goons.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll be okay with survival nodes if it means LESS nodes.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Careful... they might think "less nodes" means 8 instead of 12, where 3 of them have 3-5 waves...

I vote no because it makes it even more tedious than it needs to be, and I'm someone who grinds PvE to begin with.
  • I vote yes because different teams are useful which rewards the broad roster. I do think the rewards could use a tweak after the first run through. Perhaps a small amount of ISO per wave completed as compared to 20 for the whole node.
  • Voted no because I have no interest in fighting wave after wave of Muscles with a board getting filled up with more and more threaten strike tiles with every wave. All you need is an expiring countdown that triggers a simple match or a character jumping in ala Wolverine and making a simple match to down one of your character.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope, these take way to long. Wouldn't want to see some of those ones with tons of nodes suddenly take an hour and a half to clear.

I do like alliance rewards on subs, wish the old PVE's would be updated with that.
  • Easiest change would be Deadpool vs MPQ. It'd just be one node against every character in the game and you must have Deadpool on your team.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Easiest change would be Deadpool vs MPQ. It'd just be one node against every character in the game and you must have Deadpool on your team.

That would be cool. And it would be even funnier if you need to have dead pool and bag man in one team :p
  • No, some of them are too long, and the scaling if anything is result of having unavoidable damage so that Stormneto doesn't always work and others takes some damage before getting AP to set wall from protect.png. If you had it with normal goons, instead of level 250+ with 60k total triplet you would have lvl 125+ with 30k total, except there is 2 more teams behind them making node 90k+ health. And getting same pathetic 20 Iso for double/triple the work is like spit to the face. To add to that, you don't know if they didn't add some guy behind all of those goons too, think of all the funsies with powerleveled Hood/Mystique if they came with full AP banks and have their first move. And Mystique could shapeshift into Black Panther or X-Force 'just because'.

And all of this would make PvE even longer because they wouldn't scale nodes together (that would break story in many cases). Right now it takes 20-30 min to make one go. If 2 subs are open that's 40-60 minutes. If both of them get Survivad nodes, that's easily 90+ minutes per 3 hour cycle. Think about it, do you really want to spend HALF of your day for this game? That's PvE only, if you want to get some PvP rankings too, God help you.

This poll is very based on idea that 'scaling wasn't crazy'. I can assure you, Survival nodes doesn't guarantee scaling won't get crazy, if this PvE rewarded T4or you might as well see 200+ Goons with same level Hero/Villain waiting in some spots to wipe you.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nivrax wrote:
    And Mystique could shapeshift into Black Panther or X-Force 'just because'.
    Wha?
  • Nivrax wrote:
    And Mystique could shapeshift into Black Panther or X-Force 'just because'.
    Wha?
    One of nodes in... Unstable Iso? Had you fight special mutants that had no problem changing themselves into Iron Man and Magneto, complete with their powers. Anything can fly in this game really, they can make it as painful as they want to without much reason. And iirc Mysti did shifted into IM in story there already.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nivrax wrote:
    One of nodes in... Unstable Iso? Had you fight special mutants that had no problem changing themselves into Iron Man and Magneto, complete with their powers. Anything can fly in this game really, they can make it as painful as they want to without much reason. And iirc Mysti did shifted into IM in story there already.
    Those were skulls, not mutants, according to the story.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I vote yes because different teams are useful which rewards the broad roster
    Not really. Most people who are doing well in this event aren't doing it by cycling their formations after absorbing damage; they're either spamming protect tiles via Falcon and/or spidey, or stunlocking via Cap or LadyThor... neither of which is any different than what I'd use on a standard goon node.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I voted yes, because the survival nodes add a nice variety. And the devs did a good job in this PvE of having them at a reasonable difficulty. I'd also like to see one node in each sub of the Gauntlet be a survival node.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Not really. Most people who are doing well in this event aren't doing it by cycling their formations after absorbing damage; they're either spamming protect tiles via Falcon and/or spidey, or stunlocking via Cap or LadyThor... neither of which is any different than what I'd use on a standard goon node.

Your roster depth is quite important when Wolverine isn't around. Even though Captain America is likely to pick up most of the work in a survival mode, when fighting against stuff like Caltrops it is very useful to have interchangeable green users. Now of course if X Force was available he'd be the only green user you need since he's the strongest and he can heal himself, but I've run through all kinds of green guy/support guy in this event simply due to availability. I actually prefer to use Hulk on the survival nodes but you can definitely manage with other green guys and it saves you health pack for the harder stuff, like Gorgon. Here's some of the setups I've ran on survival mode with Captain:

Blade + Falcon
    Blade + Hulk
    Blade + Thor
    Blade + Daken
    Hulk + Loki
    Hulk + The Hood
  • simonsez wrote:
    I actually like survival mode because it makes me change my playing style. Ex. Switch to obw/cap/hood from daredevil/cStorm/mnMags. Also, i have decent powered up people (daredevil lvl108, mostorm lvl121). This is the most fun ive had in pve in awhile so i chose yes!
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Oh, that would be totally kool! I'm really liking the survival mode thus far, and I think it could add some new life to the old stories.
  • Most of Y'all are missing the point. Why would we want them tweaking old pves instead of spending their time on new pves and even more new game modes?
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I vote no. I grind PVEs and this is making it more tedious. If you count a wave as a node or half a regular node even, the amount of nodes in these subs is ludicrous. 20 ISO for a lot of time sucks when you have to play the node to compete for the ranking.

Those that like the buffed characters, so they vote yes, should know, the next time they have survival nodes, you may not like or have the buffed characters, putting you at a disadvantage.

I am a fan of event tokens being given, but survival nodes should be one shots. If anything. Definitely should not be repeatable. When they are essentials, those without the character fall so much more behind. If they plan to keep survival nodes, they should be one shots that unlock the next survival node, and once they have all been unlocked/beaten, it's regular nodes only. They should be red check marked, so those that want to go thru them all, only have to do so once.