Teisatsu - Turn to smoke - undestroys tiles

turul
turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
When killing a ninja, the ability affects tiles previously destroyed, making the tile survive.

Also, tile survises in this situation:
ninja killed - ability chooses an existing tile - tile (not getting) destroyed by cascade match

Comments

• Oh good. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. I made a match that should've cascaded but didn't because the first match caused "Turn to Smoke" to activate and it chose a title that should've been gone from match #1, and blocked the cascade that would've occurred had that title actually be gone.
  • I have noticed this as well. It can pick tiles that should be matched away or ones destroyed by an ability and make them survive. I haven't checked to see whether you still get the proper AP for those tiles or not when you match them. Has anyone else checked their AP before and after to see if you get it or not?
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed this too. I made a match 3 to kill the goon, Turn to Smoke triggered, and one of the tiles was 'undestroyed'. Only 2 of the 3 tiles were replaced on the board.
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Confirming I've seen this too, specifically when using star.pngstar.pngicon_magneto.png "Magnetic Flux" and the tiles which have been 'turned to smoke' miraculously survive the explosion.

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • Saw a different Turn to Smoke bug today. I made a match targeting a Teisatsu that has previously received a burst heal from a Lieutenant which removed all his original HP (red health gone, only green left). Turn to Smoke triggered, but he didn't die. A match on the next turn got rid of the green health, properly killing him and triggering Turn to Smoke again.

(Admittedly, this was near the end of the PvE when I was rushing to finish before time, so I may have missed something.)
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought this was fixed, but actually it isnt...
  • I thought this was "working as intended" and was another gameplay "feature" for Teisatsu. As a clever ninja, they continue to F you over, after you kill them.

Can a dev please tell us if this is unintentional?
  • I can see an argument for this being intended behavior, as it allows Turn to Smoke to also mess up the player's intended cascades. Getting your match-5 critical tile overwritten by a Turn to Smoke attack tile seems a bit too harsh however (just had this happen again today), and I hope critical tiles would at least be protected from Turn to Smoke like team-up or special tiles.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    sarlok5 wrote:
    I haven't checked to see whether you still get the proper AP for those tiles or not when you match them. Has anyone else checked their AP before and after to see if you get it or not?
    You don't.
    I specifically remember because I needed one more blue for 2* Storm's Wind Storm and was denied; leading to being clobbered two turns later. Sour...