Suggestion: Introducing the Common, Uncommon and Rare Tokens

yogi_
yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
[This is the sequel to this. I’ve pulled out a main aspect of it and given it a slight expansion.]

There are three distinct phases of the game:

1st – Building your 1* and 2*’s.
2nd - The long and usually painful transition to a reasonably solid 3* roster.
3rd - Further developing your 3*s and battling out what will be the slowly emerging and increasing number of 4*’s.

Roughly corresponding with each of these phases... to the tokens!

Common (bronze) – Primarily gives out characters that are 1* and 2*. May or may not also feature a chance of higher levels characters and/or an ISO reward. Most availability. (Think… a current Standard token, but a greater amount of 2* covers and slightly less 1*'s).
Uncommon (silver) – Primarily gives out characters that are 3*. May or may not also feature a chance of a 2* and/or a 4* and/or an ISO reward. Reasonable availability. (Think… a current Heroic token, with 3* characters and your actual chance of getting a 3* cover is good. I know... how dare I utter such blasphemies!).
Rare (gold) – Primarily gives out characters that are 4*. May or may not also feature a chance of a 3* and/or an ISO reward and/or other small bonuses such as health packs or 25HP. Limited availability. (Think… of a token where you NEVER get a 2* cover!!! A good high level lucky dip, where even the worst prize is still not totally terrible).

The arrival of these new tokens should also have them placed clearly across the game, eg. it’s not fair that a brand new player is getting 3* characters only days into the game; you might remove the awarding of covers directly from PvP to slow down the 2* cover gaining very slightly (if you win a match you get ISO or a token). It’s also largely set and forget for the devs (which is attractive to them).

Edited subject line to add "Suggestion:". -DayvBang

Comments

• I guess this seems like a really nice idea.

But is this just your idea Yogi?
    Or will it be implemented in future updates?

Sorry, I couldn't work it out from the OP.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for your kind thoughts.

It was my idea. I have them at times about this game...
  • D3 is already working on increasing iso and hp rewards which to me is a perfect solution although not as flashy as yours. This suggestion would be best geared towards perhaps bringing back guaranteed 3* tokens in packs. It's rare to not get a 3* in a 10 pack but it does happen from time to time. In my experience a 10-pack usually yields two-three 3* covers.
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    The problem of disparity between character release and income rates is well known. And every day this disparity grows bigger, and for new players it's already unachievable...
    And this one sounds good like one of a decent solutions that started to come up recently.