top 5 players in pvp please answer

Options
grapez
grapez Posts: 50
edited January 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
hey top 5 pvp guys in every event,

just out of curiosity, if yall 4* thors and xforces and furies and t.rex be maxed out,
whats the point in being number 1? just to sell those extra covers? or are you guys just trying to collect a bazillion of each maxed out 4* character?

could the devs maybe put into place some kind of thing that allows the top players the choice to join another pvp event where they battle each other for a larger sum of HP and ISO or some combination of the two?

maybe let the rest of us 95% lowly poor players get a chance at taking the top prizes for once? if this is implemented, the nonwhales normal players(me) will get more progression and feel like our time invested is netting some kind of return, and thereby increasing the chances of us continuing to play and maybe even recruit our friends to play. at this point, there are just too many walls to hit and try to climb over. its really tough.

now im expecting some hate, but at least consider the idea i threw out before?

all the top players with maxed out thorinas and xforces can join some other event, where they can expect to fight only top top players, and if they win, they can receive large amounts of HP or something? top players getting those covers and subsequently selling them just seems like a waste.

Comments

• Whub Whubz
    Options
    Nope they must continue to win them to bottle neck the covers for everyone else prolonging their rein. icon_twisted.gif
  • grapez
    Options
    Whub Whubz wrote:
    Nope they must continue to win them to bottle neck the covers for everyone else prolonging their rein. icon_twisted.gif

ahhhh.....is that what they're doing.....

*wahhhhhhh
  • Whub Whubz
    Options
    Well it could be that, but also the high tier PvPers are expected to put up a certain score almost each and every event, them getting covers they don't need as rewards is just collateral damage all the other players have to face for them chasing the high end PvP season rewards.
  • grapez
    Options
    so i guess lol the best thing for us to do at this point is try to find one of these guys and befriend them in real life, bake them cookies, massage their shoulders and hopefully they will let us into their clan and then we'll be on easy street?
    so these top players just throw away money every 3 days for nothing? so their clan looks good? oh man..... thats crazy.

on an unrelated note, i guess enough of the whales have hit that point and maybe some of them are starting to play less and the devs must smell it. no wonder the train of 4*s are coming through.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We've been over this already multiple times. The higher they score, the easier it is for those that need that 1300 cover to reach. You may not be able to reach 1300 but others may be able too. Once you break away from the pack sitting at 700-800, you can easily find 40+ matches to push you up to 1300 really fast. This allows for more and more people to hit max covered X-Force and Thor covers sooner who are f2p. Also, all those rewards go into leveling other characters and such.
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    grapez wrote:
    could the devs maybe put into place some kind of thing that allows the top players the choice to join another pvp event where they battle each other for a larger sum of HP and ISO or some combination of the two?
    I like that idea. Veteran players usually need ISO more than anything else. One of the current motivations for getting top 5 placement is the 5000 iso reward. A key element is choice though. Let us choose if we want tougher competition for better rewards, but don't punish those who have invested much to get ahead in the game.
    maybe let the rest of us 95% lowly poor players get a chance at taking the top prizes for once?
    If the devs do implement this though, they will likely have to adjust the rewards in the normal PVPs. I think they recognize that newer players are getting 3* covers too slowly, but they also do not want the transition to happen too quickly. That could happen if all the veterans suddenly opt for the ISO reward brackets, freeing up a huge number of 3* reward covers that normally would just get sold.

The game already does have mechanisms in place that cause top players to have to compete with each other. It's called sharding. Even if a new player and a veteran join an event at the same time, they will usually not be put into the same bracket. Veterans are "gently nudged" into the same death brackets. Many newer players, though not all, get to have easier brackets as a result.

Here was the Deadpool PVP bracket that I and several of my fellow SKYNET members got sharded into:
    AoWU3A2.jpg?1
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Reasons in no particular order and varying by player: season placement, alliance placement, ISO, HP, competitiveness and because they can. That about cover it?
  • nic13
    nic13 Posts: 87
    Options
    Echoing Grief - in the tex mex, someone hit 1500 eaearly and let a whole bunch of us ride off that score so that we could all get 4hor.

He didn't need 4hor, but it was an act of generosity that was very much appreciated.
  • Eh, the answer would just be 'why not?' I mean if you actually enjoy playing this game, there's no reason to purposely to purposely let your score tank after you've went through the troubles to drive it up. Or maybe people want to have a better seasons score for themselves or for the alliance. Honestly if we have top 5 that aren't won by people who already had those covers I'd be more worried about the game because that'd imply guys who have all the cover either somehow can't place in top 5 anymore or the more likely explanation is that they all quit, and that'd be very bad.
  • Hi all!
    Let me give you an answer as one of the guys you are talking about.
    As said before, the main reason to put up such scores isnt the individual ranking.
    Every top alliance has a minimum which is mostly 1100-1300 points.
    But even if every1 in your alliance scores 1300 Points it wont be enough to rank first,
    so every1 tries to score high.
    Then there is the individual season score.
    If you have top players from the top alliances in 1 season bracket every1 wants to beat the others.
    And at last theres the competition among us:
    "What, you scored 2k? I can score 2.5k!" "Then i score 3k"
    And thats how you get such scores.
    The 5000 iso reward is only a compensation for the iso you burn for boosts in the endgame,
    so its no big reward for us.

Let me give a big sorry to all we "steal" covers they really would need, but i see no way to prevent this.
    We also know we need the newer players to keep this game alive, but its all up to the devs to change something.

Wish you all a merry Christmas!
  • Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Go try and hit progressions in one of the shards where we aren't and see how much fun you have.
  • BigOldBob
    BigOldBob Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It's also a kind of group behavior. Then your alliance mates score high and other players and alliances of the same power level score high, you would feel ashamed not to score high. I would feel bad then I earn rewards for which I did nothing or then I am the reason my alliance misses better rewards.
  • nic13
    nic13 Posts: 87
    Options
    BigOldBob wrote:
    It's also a kind of group behavior. Then your alliance mates score high and other players and alliances of the same power level score high, you would feel ashamed not to score high. I would feel bad then I earn rewards for which I did nothing or then I am the reason my alliance misses better rewards.

We'll still love you, Bob!
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Raekwen wrote:
    Go try and hit progressions in one of the shards where we aren't and see how much fun you have.

So true, when I join a dead shard, it's hard to even get to 1100.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Heres my take...
  • The way I see it is that we all had to start somewhere in this game. We battled through the process just like everyone else. We use to **** and moan about how hard it was to get top whatever in each event. So now having 10 max 3*s and a maxed out 4*..... am I supposed to quit now so you can get your covers that everyone else wants as well? Trust me youll get to a point where your roster is dope and you're beating the brakes off everyone in your bracket. Until then keep earning your way. We all did. Even though we have all the characters and covers for our rosters, we still enjoy playing and trying to get top scores. Not just because we can, but because without us scoring high, every match would be worth 3 points vice 35 to 50. So you might wanna thank us for that.
  • lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    Options
    woopie wrote:
    Raekwen wrote:

So true, when I join a dead shard, it's hard to even get to 1100.

I have unerring bad luck it seems - I keep trying to join laid back shards and then whups, all the top alliances in my bracket.

On the plus side, I may not get top 25 but I do get the 1100 progression cover, so there's that... icon_mrgreen.gif
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Options
    There's only one solution to this problem that I see: allow players to donate some covers randomly to whoever they want. Have some checks and balances, like they can only do it once a week, and they can only donate 2 covers or something. That's the only way I can see them changing it for the better while simultaneously allowing the top few to remain competitive.
  • There will always be heavy hitters in every bracket. Theres no way around that. Theres tons of players out there. Best way to progress is play hard and dont give up trying to get better.
  • The main two reasons for higher scoring: (1) season points and (2) help their alliance scores.

A friend of mine, Jamie Madrox (it'd be funny if I mispelled his name due to being too lazy to look it up) came up with this idea of a smart scoring system. This would also solve the problem of some time slices having relatively higher scores than others. He can explain this far better than me.

If I understand him correctly, basically, whoever gets first in a 500 person bracket gets 500 points regardless of their actual score. So if someone wins with a score of 401 or a score of 4,000, they get 500 points towards their alliance and individual season scores. Likewise, 2nd place gets 499, 3rd 498, and so on.

I thought this would be a great idea to cross over into alliances for seasons. If an alliance got 1st in a pvp, they would get 10,000 points or whatever relative point total, 2nd would get 9,999, and so on. These points would go to their season totals. Meaning instead of their changing player composition throughout the season determing their score, their score is determined by how they place in each pvp. So for example if The X-Men II got 1st place in every PVP and had a score of 80,000 going into the last event and half their players left, their score would be unaffected for the season. More importantly for alliances 50-150 this would mean that changing players at the end of the season would stop and players would stop being cut at the last minute due to the way the new system would work.