How the hell did I manage *this*?!

Options
DanBenZvi
DanBenZvi Posts: 82 Match Maker
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Quick set up...

I play MPQ on both Steam and iPhone (more casually on Steam). In Prodigal Sun, I managed to fight my to a Top 150 finish for my bracket in both Steam and mobile, winning a Daredevil cover in the process (not a complaint, btw, as this was the best I was expecting).

So, I start Enemy Of The State on both platforms lacking most of the buffed characters. On Steam, I finish one of the nodes in the first Enemy of The State stage and get awarded a Standard token pack. Go to the Recruit Heroes screen, open it and...

It's a gold SHIELD logo, indicating a three star character. Cool, I think, knowing that the odds of getting a three star character off a Standard pack are super slim. Check to see which character I got and...

It's Mohawk Storm, Black cover.

Wow, I think. What are the chances of getting one of the exact characters I need for the current PvE out of a *standard* pack? But I just think "wow, I got *super* lucky" and don't think any more of it.

Play a little further in the stage, get to the Survival node which awards you an Enemy Of The State token pack for completion. Finish the node, get the token pack, open it and...

Another gold SHIELD logo. Only this time the logo is *pulsing*, something I had never seen before this point. So, I check to see which character I've gotten and...

It's Elektra, red cover.

Now I'm convinced that the Steam version of MPQ is having a laugh. Because there is *no way* that I am *that* lucky.

Comments

• Lucky you... I used to get multiple covers off of standards whenever an old 3* would come back (hood, spidey, etc). Glad for your token pulls
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    so far the node that awards Enemy of the State token has been auto 3*

Sub 1 Beast blueflag.png
    Sub 2 Mohawk blackflag.png
  • fmftint wrote:
    so far the node that awards Enemy of the State token has been auto 3*

Sub 1 Beast blueflag.png
    Sub 2 Mohawk blackflag.png

Mini-Marvel for me, both times.
    .....Merry Christmas?
  • I opened up a 10-pack for the heck of it today and got 5 2* Cap. Marvel's. Those odds seem...suspect.
  • I open many golden letters and has only two star players ... sometimes fills the bag ... has an average of ten , a decent ... sad
  • You've got to be kidding!
    icon_redface.gif
    from the "enemy of the state" tokens(thank you D3) I got:
    A blueflag.png 2* black widow.
    And a blueflag.png 2* black widow

Now those are some suspect odds. Imirite?

I think some Christmas brandy
    got into the RNG machine.
    icon_e_wink.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I grumbled that I didn't manage top 50 on Pridigal Sun either due to work, bugs or just bad luck.

When the new event opened up I said "Hell with it" and just threw 200HP at the event token.
    Purple Elektra.
  • I grumbled that I didn't manage top 50 on Pridigal Sun either due to work, bugs or just bad luck.

When the new event opened up I said "Hell with it" and just threw 200HP at the event token.
    Purple Elektra.

Whenever I open the event-given-tokens I always, guaranteed, get 1 of the promoted character.

Which allows a limp through the "essential" nodes for massive score. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Thus, I reckon think the % chances of character drops ARE correct but with some extra sneaky bits of code added to make essential characters drop at least once.
    "if essential character is not in roster: increase % drop rate of that character to 100"
    Therefore making roster slot purchasing imcoin.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.png a real dilemma. icon_twisted.gif
  • whitecrit.png
    I grumbled that I didn't manage top 50 on Pridigal Sun either due to work, bugs or just bad luck.

Purple Elektra.

Whenever I open the event-given-tokens I always, guaranteed, get 1 of the promoted character.

Which allows a limp through the "essential" nodes for massive score. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Thus, I reckon think the % chances of character drops ARE correct but with some extra sneaky bits of code added to make essential characters drop at least once.
    "if essential character is not in roster: increase % drop rate of that character to 100"
    Therefore making roster slot purchasing imcoin.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.png a real dilemma. icon_twisted.gif

I wish this were so. I received 2 enemy of the state tokens per sub, plus the tokens from the bonus nodes, plus I broke down and bought a few with some extra HP I had. Not only do I still not have an Elektra, I haven't even got a 3* out of any of them. icon_e_smile.gif