** Ares (Dark Avengers) **

Unknown
edited March 2017 in Character Details
icon_ares.pngAres (Dark Avengers) - 2*
Damage, Health and Other Statistics

Onslaught
Power Cost - 7 greentile.png

Ares charges into battle, seething with fury. He channels his rage into one might blow, though his warmongering incites the enemy.

Character Level 15:
    Power Level 1 - Depletes the team's greentile.png and does 26 damage for each. The enemy team then gains 1 greentile.png for every 2 consumed.
    Power Level 2 - 35 damage.
    Power Level 3 - Costs 1 greentile.png less.
    Power Level 4 - 44 damage.
    Power Level 5 - Costs 1 greentile.png less.

Character Level 94:
      Power Level 3 - Depletes the team's greentile.png and does damage for each. The enemy team then gains 1 greentile.png for every 2 consumed.
      Power Level 4 - 230 damage.
      Power Level 5 - Costs 1 greentile.png less.

Rampage
      Power Cost - 10 redtile.png

Brutal combat drives Ares into a reckless frenzy. Swinging his axe in huge violent arcs, he cleaves the enemy team.

Character Level 15:
        Power Level 1 - Damages the enemy team for 95 or 190 if he is below 20% of his maximum health.
        Power Level 2 - 128 damage or 257 damage if below health.
        Power Level 3 - Increased damage or further increased damage if below 25% health.
        Power Level 4 - 162 damage or 323 damage if below health.
        Power Level 5 - Below 30% health.

Character Level 94:
          Power Level 3 - Damages the enemy team for 662 or 1323 if he is below 25% of his maximum health.
          Power Level 4 - 833 damage or 1666 if below health.
          Power Level 5 - Below 30% health.

Sunder
          Power Cost - 10 yellowtile.png

Ares deals a crippling blow, leaving himself vulnerable - regaining his footing takes time.

Character Level 15:
            Power Level 1 - Deals 285 damage to the enemy and 190 to himself. Changes a random basic yellowtile.png into a 3 turn countdown.png that does 95 damage and restores 119 health.
            Power Level 2 - 428 initial damage.
            Power Level 3 - countdown.png restores increased health.
            Power Level 4 - countdown.png does increased damage.
            Power Level 5 - 2 turn countdown.png.

Character Level 94:
              Power Level 3 - Deals 2205 damage to the enemy and 980 to himself. Changes a random basic yellowtile.png into a 3 turn countdown.png that does 490 damage and restores 797 health.
              Power Level 4 - countdown.png does 735 damage.
              Power Level 5 - 2 turn countdown.png.

Last Major Update: 2014-01

Earlier post:
              [anchor=ares2]Ares (Dark Avengers)[/anchor]
              2 Star Rarity (Uncommon) Discussion link
              At Max Level: HP: 5880 Tile damage: 43/49/09/11/55/10/3.0
                Onslaught - 7 Green AP
                Ares charges into battle, seething with fury. He channels his rage into one might blow, depleting the team's green AP and doing 14 damage for each. His warmongering incites the enemy, granting them 1 green AP for every 2 consumed.
                  Level 2: 19 Damage for each Green AP Level 3: Minimum Green AP cost reduced to 6. Level 4: 24 damage for each Green AP. Level 5: Minimum Green AP cost reduced to 5.
                Max Level: 207 damage per green AP
                  Rampage - Red 10 AP
                  Brutal combat drives Ares into a reckless frenzy. Swinging his axe in huge violent arcs, he cleaves the enemy team for 50 damage, or 100 if he is below 20% of his max health.
                    Level 2: 68 Damage or 135 if Ares is below 20% of his max health. Level 3: 135 damage if Ares is below 25% of max health. Level 4: 85 damage or 170 if Ares is below 25% of max health. Level 5: 170 damage if Ares is below 30% of max health.
                  Max Level: 757 damage, or 1513 if Ares is below 30% of max health.
                    Sunder - 10 Yellow
                    Ares sacrifices his body to strike a crippling blow. deals 150 damage to the enemy and 100 to himself. It takes time for Ares to recover, converting a random basic color tile to a 3 turn countdown tile that does 50 damage and heals him for 63.
                      Level 2: deals 225 base damage. Level 3: Increases Countdown tile healing to 82. Level 4: Increases Countdown tile damage to 75. Level 5: Reduces Countdown to 2.
                    Max Level: 2003 to enemy, 890 to self. 2 turn CD is 668 to enemy, 723 heal

Older version[anchor=ares2]Ares (Dark Avengers)[/anchor]
                    2 Star Rarity (Uncommon) Discussion link
                    At Max Level: HP: 5340 Tile damage: 39/45/9/11/50/10
                      Onslaught - 7 Green AP
                      Ares charges into battle, seething with fury. He channels his rage into one might blow, depleting the team's green AP and doing 14 damage for each. His warmongering incites the enemy, granting them 1 green AP for every 2 consumed.
                      Level Upgrades
                        Level 2: 19 Damage for each Green AP Level 3: Minimum Green AP cost reduced to 6. Level 4: 24 damage for each Green AP. Level 5: Minimum Green AP cost reduced to 5.
                      Max Level: 207 damage per green AP
                        Rampage - Red 10 AP
                        Brutal combat drives Ares into a reckless frenzy. Swinging his axe in huge violent arcs, he cleaves the enemy team for 50 damage, or 100 if he is below 20% of his max health.
                        Level Upgrades
                          Level 2: 68 Damage or 135 if Ares is below 20% of his max health. Level 3: 135 damage if Ares is below 25% of max health. Level 4: 85 damage or 170 if Ares is below 25% of max health. Level 5: 170 damage if Ares is below 30% of max health.
                        Max Level: 757 damage, or 1513 if Ares is below 30% of max health.
                          Sunder - 10 Yellow
                          Ares sacrifices his body to strike a crippling blow. deals 150 damage to the enemy and 100 to himself. It takes time for Ares to recover, converting a random basic color tile to a 3 turn countdown tile that does 50 damage and heals him for 63.
                          Level Upgrades
                            Level 2: deals 225 base damage. Level 3: Increases Countdown tile healing to 82. Level 4: Increases Countdown tile damage to 75. Level 5: Reduces Countdown to 2.
                          Max Level: 2003 to enemy, 890 to self. 2 turn CD is 668 to enemy, 723 heal
                          Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• The thing I like about him and might want to see in other characters, is him GIVING AP when using an ability. It adds an extra layer of strategy, not only when you are using him but also if you are facing him.

If all characters behaved like this (where there is a negative consequence for your action), it would make people think more about their team composition in how to capitalize on it.
                          • From what I've seen in the L240 D.Avenger fight, at some point his green drops to 5 ap and his red doubles at 25% health
                          • If the 'Patch' abilities are to believe, that will be a somewhat common theme going forward.

I'm very interested in the interaction between his red and his yellow, to be honest.
                          • Kyosokun wrote:
                            If the 'Patch' abilities are to believe, that will be a somewhat common theme going forward.

I'm very interested in the interaction between his red and his yellow, to be honest.

Try the last mission of Alaska and feel the pain :'(
                          • Arclight wrote:
                            Kyosokun wrote:
                            If the 'Patch' abilities are to believe, that will be a somewhat common theme going forward.

Try the last mission of Alaska and feel the pain :'(

Looking forward to it!

Also, notable to me: No overlap with OBW. Wolv for his green and strike tiles, Ares for his Red and Yellow, and OBW for support and extra damage?
                          • Could be a good synergy, yes icon_e_smile.gif Have to wait until someone tells us the level 85 stats of all abilities...
                          • I dun think any1 would be leveling him to lvl85 as seen by the recent rag nerf!

There are too many updates lately. Just had 1 updated 20mins ago.
                          • daozeyu wrote:
                            I dun think any1 would be leveling him to lvl85 as seen by the recent rag nerf!

There are too many updates lately. Just had 1 updated 20mins ago.

Eh, if I had the covers and ISO, I'd upgrade him to 85 in a heartbeat. He's interesting, and a DA that doesn't have purple OR black.
                          • His yellow looks nasty -- 225 damage at power level 2/L6. By comparison, Wolverine's red and Thor's yellow both do 250 at L6, so assuming there's another bump in damage as you level up the power, you could be looking at something similar or higher at max level, but cheaper in cost. Might be the best yellow power in the game when all is said and done.

Obviously we'll need more information, but at first blush 3/5/5 would be how I'd go. Giving the opponent green when everyone runs Wolverine is asking for trouble.
                          • One correction to the op. Red ability (Rampage) says
                            "... he cleaves the enemy TEAM for 50 damage..."
                          • Narkon wrote:
                            One correction to the op. Red ability (Rampage) says
                            "... he cleaves the enemy TEAM for 50 damage..."
                            Updating!
                          • From a preliminary look, it seems like 3/5/5 will be his ideal build for most teams. I'm pretty sure going from 3>5 in green only reduces the AP cost by 1, and that's not too relevant since it drains your green anyway. His red and yellow are both way more damaging and have great synergy with each other.
                          • Looks like the debugged rag, said it was for "balance" and then said they are about to "balance" wolvie Thor and spidey.

Then they put out a 2* who's crazy awesome and looks to be more OP than the 3*'s. Obviously D3P are very good at bullkittying you and they are about to make a nice chunk of change from ares. I got my refund like 2 weeks ago for most of the time I played. (I still have like $50 left in which is more than a lot so I can still b*tch). Now I just play like an hour a day without spending $$$ and I still get better rewards than when I was playing 8 hours a day and not spending. Lol
                          • Can someone clarify the description of the yellow skill? In my German translation it says 'den Feinden' which mean the enemIES in English. So at mine it sounds like yellow hits like red the entire team. Can someone screen an English yellow?
                          • Arclight wrote:
                            Can someone clarify the description of the yellow skill? In my German translation it says 'den Feinden' which mean the enemIES in English. So at mine it sounds like yellow hits like red the entire team. Can someone screen an English yellow?

It says "the enemy" in the English version, plus the damage is ridiculously high, so I think we can be certain that it's only a single target.
                          • Celerity wrote:
                            Arclight wrote:
                            Can someone clarify the description of the yellow skill? In my German translation it says 'den Feinden' which mean the enemIES in English. So at mine it sounds like yellow hits like red the entire team. Can someone screen an English yellow?

It says "the enemy" in the English version, plus the damage is ridiculously high, so I think we can be certain that it's only a single target.

Thanks Celerity! icon_e_smile.gif
                          • Full descriptions of power levels are up on the wiki. Thinking probably 4/4/5 is better than 3/5/5, since getting to cast green for 5 instead of 6 is not a big deal, and going to 4 red you get a pretty decent bump in damage. But 5 yellow...wow.
                          • Full descriptions of power levels are up on the wiki. Thinking probably 4/4/5 is better than 3/5/5, since getting to cast green for 5 instead of 6 is not a big deal, and going to 4 red you get a pretty decent bump in damage. But 5 yellow...wow.

I'd say red outclasses green a lot! Having the ability to double the damage 5% earlier sounds waaaay better than doing a bit more damage for erasing all greens, and giving the enemy some too. So I'd go 3/5/5 unless the wiki part is wrong and they change him...
                          • All his ability does insane damage because every one of them has some kind of (often significant) drawback.

He's not going to be alive for long on the offense, but maybe you don't care because the enemy team is dead. He'd actually be quite intimidating on defense in general, since against each unique player you got 100% of his health to burn, similar to how Juggernaut always has full HPs to Headbutt people on defense.
                          • eidehua
                            eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
                            Would it be viable to purposefully knock Ares down to <30% max health (in say prolouge) and then in important missions have someone take can at least take matches for red instead of him, and let ares use his red AOE?