No One Likes 36 Hour Subs

fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
No one likes 36 hour subs, please stop dropping them on us

Comments

• Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    When historically, your other choices for sub lengths are "12hr-oops-you-missed-it" and "60hr-sub-10day-event," I'll take the 36hr subs, thank you very much.
  • 12 hour subs are not normal at all. I can't even remember when we had 12 hour subs besides the recent Iso 8 Brotherhood, which I was under the impression they purposely made it 12 hours because for reasons I cannot possibly comprehend this is supposed to help out testing the time slices. Historically the reason for having X day + 12H sub is to rotate the timezones to ensure some kind of vague fairness. This should no longer be necessary with the time slices.
  • Now that we pick end times, subs should be either 24 or 48 hours. Those should be the only choices. Maybe 36 hours for the first one, since it usually starts 12 hours off from the ending, but even day amounts for the remainder. Otherwise they're just punishing people with job or school commitments, for no benefit that I can see.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Phantron wrote:
    Historically the reason for having X day + 12H sub is to rotate the timezones to ensure some kind of vague fairness.

Though this (above) was likely true in the past
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Now that we pick end times, subs should be either 24 or 48 hours.

This should be the new rule of the day. Do we really want 48 hour subs by the way? Doesn't that feel like too much of an opportunity for: a) scaling to go runaway and swallow us, or b) the new unemployed, unsleeping, grinder army to exploit our human frailties to grind us to powder?

(Though I do like the way it rains prizes when we have a boatload of 12hr subs. Maybe we let 12hr still be an option, but otherwise it is 24 or 48?)
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    I do.

Though since we can choose end times, 24 hours would be ok too, though D3 would have to change up the overall timeframe of the event.

I'm not sure how being able to choose the sub length would work. So different people would get more subs than others, plus the extra rewards? Wouldn't D3 have to come up withth two versions of the same event, and create additional subs?
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Now that we pick end times, subs should be either 24 or 48 hours.
    With 12 hour refresh rate would be perfect.