PvP point awarding tweak

I know it would not be a trivial thing to implement code-wise, however one slight tweak I would love to see on the PvP side of things would be for the points awarded for a victory, and any subsequent progression awards, to be calculated before any point losses taken during the time when I am fighting. There are few things more frustrating that being 20 points away from the next progression award, winning a fight for 25 points, only to find out that I was hit for -30 points while I was in battle.

I don't mind that I get knocked back down further than I was before the fight, but it would be so nice if I was at least able to step above the progression level and get that next reward before it happened.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    This is similar to a change made in banking regulations.
    When they first started having overdraft fees banks started fiddling with the order in which transactions were processed. If you assign a negative value to withdrawals and positive value to deposits, banks quickly realized that they could maximize their overdraft fees if they resolved your day's transactions in order from lowest value to highest value (so that the largest withdrawal booked first to empty you out, then all the little charges let the fees pile up, finally you let deposits start to flow). By now most banks have conceded this was a D-move, and have either flipped the order or at least gone to strict chronological ordering. Flipping the order so deposits resolve first greatly reduces your risk of overdraft fees.

The same change in the game would be a nice change. I do think it would be 'nice' if they would queue up any defensive outcomes so that they would resolve after I get credit for whatever comes from the offsensive struggle.

Better yet, load up everything that happened while I was fighting, and then add my current fight to the list. Resolve all of the positive outcomes (and award any progression milestones) then drill me for all the defensive (or the offensive) loss. This would best maximize our chances of getting the progression award we were hoping to attain before being overtaken by the horde.