Alliance Gifts

elwhiteninja
elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
I know that gifting/trading has been avoided to prevent multiple accounts l. But can we have a small alliance budget? Maybe like every month we get 1 heroic token and 5 standard and 1000 iso, to give to our members? I love to do quizzes and contests in my alliance and would love to do prizes.

Ways to prevent abuse: commanders cannot self gift. Member has to be in alliance for 2 day+ to recieve. Alliance must have a minimum of 10 members. And been active for 30 days.
If these methods were used there could be next to zero abuse. It would encourage people to join alliances and allow for recognition and more fun for alliances.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Doesn't it still allow for gray-market abuse? I know we are talking about (probably) vanishingly small actual values; but their fear will likely still be that these bonuses can be exchanged for currency outside of their ability to monitor and benefit from the transaction.

I hate to say it, but I think they view joining an alliance as the reward unto itself. I am slightly inclined to agree, because you aren't eligible for any of the prizes shown the 'alliance' tab of rewards unless you join a squad.

I'm not saying I disagree with your idea (or the motivations behind it); I have often thought there could be some kind of prizes awarded within an alliance - either prizes made available for the supreme commander to allocate according to their capricious whim, or ones that could be to bound to in-game metrics ('most improved' in a season, top team scorer in a given event, 'perfect attendance', whatever).
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    If people want to make money against the game rules they will. But provided the rewards are not too intense then they could only be minimally abused. I'm talking standard tokens, iso, and perhaps some boosts. I'd love like one heroic a month but hey if we can't we cant