Leaderboards division

Whenever I check the alliance leaderboard is it always the same teams on time. Is there no way to put this super overly powered teams into a division of their own. No one else ever gets a chance to really even challenge for the top of the leaderboard. I believe a division of alliance based upon the overall level of the alliance would be a good idea to help lower levels get into the game more. It's all too lopsided.

Comments

• gyakudave wrote:
    Whenever I check the alliance leaderboard is it always the same teams on time. Is there no way to put this super overly powered teams into a division of their own. No one else ever gets a chance to really even challenge for the top of the leaderboard. I believe a division of alliance based upon the overall level of the alliance would be a good idea to help lower levels get into the game more. It's all too lopsided.

So what you want is the top 10 only against themselves? So that you can do better? That's just complete tinykitty tinykitty! I'm not a part of those alliances but I also don't want them to be set apart into permanent death brackets. They worked/paid hard for their place in the hierarchy of the PvP meta so that is where they are. Like you everyone had to work their way up. It took over 6 months for me to get 13 covers for IM40. They weren't even the right ones! Should everyone with better rosters suffer so that I do better?

Did I have to patiently wait for more covers for other 3*s? Yes I did. Now I'm doing okay on my own but I had to earn it. I agree it is ridiculous how long the 3* transition is but just to sandbox the top alliances so that other alliances don't have to work for covers is insane. I spent a long time just getting the 2* rewards. When all of my 2*s were covered correctly I moved into the top 100 getting that one 3* cover. Then I applied to a top 100 alliance and started getting two covers an event. Eventually I made top 50, then top 25, every now and then top 10, rarely top 5. It's a grind, a marathon.

If you did the Boston or NY marathon would you just give up and take a taxi? Have him drive over all the runners in front of you in placement? So that you could do better? Work at it, success will come and will feel that much better earned. But you have to earn it!

Entitled people nowadays.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    A lot of people have made arguments in favor of segmentation. I would argue the most important component of a workable segmentation strategy is correctly balancing risk versus reward in each of the segments.

For example; in a quest for better balance between risk/reward; One possible outcome of your suggestion that you might not be prepared to accept is that pulling the top tier of competitors off of your bracket could also pull the top tiers of prizes out of your pool as well. PVP might be easier to win if the veterans and whales were gone, but the prizes might be lower as well. (Compare an the prizes for an amateur event against those in a pro event for the same sport to get a sense of what I mean.) The press release for a new character becomes less glitzy when it has caveats; "New This Week: Introducing Elektra (only available for high end bracket rewards)" - even as a footnote in tiny font it is less good.

Just splitting the top 10% of players off from the rest and dropping them into a new bracket for the same prizes works against the best interest of the game, because the veterans and whales will become frustrated and leave, choking off a major source of revenue.

It is becoming increasingly difficult for new players to find satisfaction in the game though; I agree with this. A large portion of PVP success is driven by what you for a roster and a reserve of HP to fuel it; making it a space (at the top levels) best suited for veterans and whales. The new trend in PVE (which is somewhat unfortunate) is for it to be dominated by grinders, which hurts the newer players.

I think some type of segmentation strategy could work, but it would need to be done right; otherwise it risks causing a larger negative impact overall.