Clarification please

Hulk11
Hulk11 Posts: 435
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I read the questions and answers and he said, totally non competitive gameplay will take place outside of the event format. What does this mean exactly? Also does this mean gauntlets and pvp modes? Now I'm interpreting this, that he really means this. There will always be competing gameplay as long as you keep pvp. This makes this extremely false especially considering he said "outside" of the events format. So he wants to reference keeping gameplay competitive, but this does exist and it's not even in the specific event. How is this hard to understand? The bottom line is keeping it competitive, so rewards, I assume new rewards, are very hard to get. So why not make pvp the source of new rewards, and do whatever you like with pve. Honestly you could brainstorm anything to revamp pve at that point, and you'll at least give yourself a chance to make it fun for players.

Comments

• There's no reason why you'd need to make a separate thread to speculate on one of the non-answers.
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    ark123 wrote:
    There's no reason why you'd need to make a separate thread to speculate on one of the non-answers.

Where do you want me to post? Everyone is posting threads based on the QA.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Hulk11 wrote:
    I read the questions and answers and he said, totally non competitive gameplay will take place outside of the event format. What does this mean exactly? Also does this mean gauntlets and pvp modes? Now I'm interpreting this, that he really means this. There will always be competing gameplay as long as you keep pvp. This makes this extremely false especially considering he said "outside" of the events format. So he wants to reference keeping gameplay competitive, but this does exist and it's not even in the specific event. How is this hard to understand? The bottom line is keeping it competitive, so rewards, I assume new rewards, are very hard to get. So why not make pvp the source of new rewards, and do whatever you like with pve. Honestly you could brainstorm anything to revamp pve at that point, and you'll at least give yourself a chance to make it fun for players.

What?
  • My understanding was that 2/3 of the people who play a ranked PVE won't even really be trying to rank, but will be playing for other reasons, eg, story, completion, node rewards. I do agree that the way the answer was phrased was a little ambiguous.

PVE allows players with lesser rosters to be high-end competitive if they want to spend the time.

The problem with PVP is that you can't be high-end competitive until you've got a maxed X-Force + a couple other chars, which usually takes at least a few months even with money.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you have questions about the Q&A answers, please ask them in that thread. Locking this one.
This discussion has been closed.