Villain lightning rounds aren't what they used to be...

Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
I usually enjoy the lightning rounds a lot, but I haven't been able to bother with this week's crop.
I like playing the boosted characters whenever I can, and I have to say the selection is rather lacking this time. Four out of five boosted characters are support character, and the one centerpiece among them (Sentry) relies very heavily on damaging your own team, which the fragile support types can't really take. There's also a lot of color overlap - all four support characters are strong in Black, three of them are also strong in Blue (Loki is the exception). Sentry is the only one who is strong in Red.
It was a lot more fun to play lightning rounds when Daken was featured, because he is at least partially an attacker even if he has support aspects.

I guess the point of this is that I hope that some of the older villains are brought out of the Vault sooner rather than later. Ragnarok has good colors, Dr Doom has enough HP to be a centerpiece, and Magneto just wrecks all opposition. All of them would be most welcome out of retirement.

I'd also accept more hero lightning rounds instead... I am curious about the new selection after the season rotation.

Comments

• Agreed. I used to love the villain lightning rounds. Boosted Ragnarok and Doom made for a very fun combo, I would restrict myself to boosted characters, and I could usually get a couple tokens when I put any effort into it.

Now - I'm using Patch/Lazy Daken, rarely bothering past the seed teams, and not really enjoying it much. It's tedious. Partly because of Sentry, who's powers are borderline unusable in a sustained lighting round, partly because the remainder are mostly undercovered and all are just support people.

They're not fun now, they feel like work, and I'm really not enjoying them.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    You mean LR is more than just seed teams for ISO icon_question.gif
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    If, through pure luck or divine intervention, I am able to pull some Green Loki cards between now and the next set of villain grounds I might enjoy them a little more...

Otherwise I agree - these rounds are rough.

Hopefully the hero rounds will be better... didn't the leak suggestion icon_daredevil.png , icon_rocket.png , and icon_gamora.png would be taking the place of icon_ironman.png , icon_blackwidow.png GSBW, and icon_psylocke.png ?

If nothing else I am excited to have a batch of hero rounds without icon_ironman.png ... hopefully he comes back out of the vault with a redesigned yellowflag.png , and they at least reduce the price of blueflag.png & redflag.png (if they aren't also retooled).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    You mean LR is more than just seed teams for ISO icon_question.gif
    I think it's fun to get to play something other than just the same old stuff I use in the other PvPs, yes.