My biggest problem with Marvel Puzzle Quest is...

Options
Unknown
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
...that it's stealing all my time away from Batman Arkham Origins! I think that was Marvel's play all along! icon_evil.gif

Comments

• Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    Haven't had time to get to a store and buy it yet. A high school buddy of mine worked on it as a level designer! Really excited to try it out.
  • Dninot wrote:
    Haven't had time to get to a store and buy it yet. A high school buddy of mine worked on it as a level designer! Really excited to try it out.

I'm only maybe a few hours into it (like I said, Marvel Puzzle Quest has taken up almost all my game time lol) but so far it is very reminiscent of the last two Batman games and that is a good thing. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I haven't played Origins, but Asylum and City were great.

I loved just about everything about the first two, but my absolute favorite thing actually ended up being the combat system. I'm not usually someone who cares too much about "100% Completion" or "Expert Trials" or "Bonus Challenges", but those games kept me coming back until there was nothing left for me to do (yes, even all the Calender Man holidays. icon_e_biggrin.gif )

Have you tried the multiplayer yet? What do you think? I heard it was kind of like "Spies vs Mercs" from Splinter Cell, which was surprisingly fun to play.
  • I haven't played Origins, but Asylum and City were great.

I loved just about everything about the first two, but my absolute favorite thing actually ended up being the combat system. I'm not usually someone who cares too much about "100% Completion" or "Expert Trials" or "Bonus Challenges", but those games kept me coming back until there was nothing left for me to do (yes, even all the Calender Man holidays. icon_e_biggrin.gif )

Have you tried the multiplayer yet? What do you think? I heard it was kind of like "Spies vs Mercs" from Splinter Cell, which was surprisingly fun to play.

I've played a bit more and can definitely say, if you liked the first two Batman games (like I did) then this will definitely be up your alley. It seems to reuse some of the maps from the previous game(s) but I'm not 100% sure on that or if I'm remembering incorrectly and so far it's just more of the same but for me, since I really liked the first two games, more of the same is awesome. icon_e_smile.gif

I haven't tried the PvP yet as all my PvP time is being spent on MPQ. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    The reviews I've seen say the PvP is a good first attempt but lackluster.
  • hogunner wrote:
    I've played a bit more and can definitely say, if you liked the first two Batman games (like I did) then this will definitely be up your alley. It seems to reuse some of the maps from the previous game(s) but I'm not 100% sure on that or if I'm remembering incorrectly and so far it's just more of the same but for me, since I really liked the first two games, more of the same is awesome. icon_e_smile.gif
    I'm pretty sure I'll feel the exact same way. I have been getting a "not quite as good as the first two" vibe from what I read, but to me, that's a stellar review. icon_e_smile.gif
    Dninot wrote:
    The reviews I've seen say the PvP is a good first attempt but lackluster.
    Unfortunate, but not surprising. :/
  • 3.5/10 - Ouch! [WARNING: SPOILERS] http://www.destructoid.com/review-batman-arkham-origins-264357.phtml

I only read the first 3 paragraphs because in their rush to sh!t all over the game, they didn't consider the fact that those of us actually playing the game might not want big plot points revealed to us (even if the story is junk compared to the previous games). Jerks.
  • I appreciate your spoiler warning. I hate spoilers more than most people I know, lol. icon_e_smile.gif That being said, I did read the review in full.

I like Destructoid more than a lot of others out there, but normally I DISAGREE with EVERYTHING Jim Stirling has to say. I'm surprised he said anything I liked, but the review's outro paragraph is really resonating with me, whether I like it or not. There are no spoilers.
    If Batman: Arkham Origins does one thing well, it's epitomize the kind of exploitative garbage that has steadily eroded so much faith in the so-called "AAA" gaming scene. When publishers whine and moan about piracy or used sales, this is the kind of game you can point to when you ask if it's any surprise that so few customers are unwilling to gamble $60 on a brand new game. This is the kind of game that, when publishers panic over flagging sales, you can hold up and say, "You did it to yourselves."
    I could go on for paragraphs about how unsatisfied I have been (and will continue to be) with "mainstream video games" and the "gamer community" in general, but I won't. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Anyway, I'll probably still pick it up on PC when there's a price drop. Which on PC, with the mediocre reviews it has been getting, should be any day now! icon_lol.gif
  • This game is a battery killer, I play non stop as I work as in a shop so there is some period where there is totally no customer and I will game on.
    I never get my tablet to 100% even over night = = and samsung device when charging will not increase fast. When I play MPQ while charging the battery decrease and not increase Q^Q
  • Aiolia wrote:
    This game is a battery killer, I play non stop as I work as in a shop so there is some period where there is totally no customer and I will game on.
    I never get my tablet to 100% even over night = = and samsung device when charging will not increase fast. When I play MPQ while charging the battery decrease and not increase Q^Q

Maybe you should try killing some other apps or something. I use Google Nexus 4 and usually have to charge it twice per day - once through night and once again somewhere during day. Also my battery increase while play and charge at the same time icon_e_wink.gif

And my biggest problem is that since I started playing I have so little time for anything else... in particular since my team pound dozen missions without healing and in addition current PVP is completely separate from PVE team...