What's up with support?

Options
2»

Comments

• Finally started getting responses again. My problem is still yet to be resolved but at least it's being looked at again.
  • Has anyone submitted a ticket in the last week or so and gotten any sort of response at all?

It took me 7 weeks and many many emails to get a stupid activation link to sign up for this forum and they ignored all my other comments, concerns and questions. Best of luck.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    It took me 7 weeks and many many emails to get a stupid activation link to sign up for this forum and they ignored all my other comments, concerns and questions. Best of luck.
    Interesting. I have access to the forumadmin email account and have personally activated quite a few requests that have come in there to save some time. Did you send those mails to the standard support address instead? That's probably the reason it didn't get handled well since the support email has absolutely nothing to do with the D3 forums. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=749 on forum activation.
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    BigMao wrote:
    I also haven't received a reply from them since last Thursday (I submitted a ticket because I spent $100 to buy five Thunderclap covers a few hours before the nerf). I was hoping they'd have a response earlier in the week..
    Yeah, I'd be fine with them just rejecting the request, if it meant actually getting a response. In retrospect, I was kinda snippy in the email

I'm the same, sent a request/complaint through regarding how much I'd spent on Rags, though I hope I wasn't too snippy. I'm sure they expect it though. If people put time, effort and possibly real cash into something, then find it changed beyond recognition, they had to expect a certain amount of abuse from players who felt let down and angry. How they eventually respond to everyone, either individually or in a mass response via the forums will go a long way to deciding how many people stick with the game IMO.

Me too and not a single response icon_e_sad.gif
  • BigMao
    BigMao Posts: 117
    Options
    I did get a response today (text below), but no action yet.
    BigMao,

Sorry for the (very) delayed response. You should have an updated ticket, but I wanted to respond to you directly as well (this will mostly cover the same points in the ticket).

The unfortunate part of my answer is that the development team is still looking into what can be done to support those in the community. Since this is a change that impacts all users of the character (some feel it a positive change, others negative), the development team wants to make sure that they address this issue in a way that does not make those that were happy with the change feel that they are being treated unfairly. As the decision that is made on this issue may impact how future character changes are rolled out as well, it is important for them to make sure they come up with the best possible solution.

The other thing that has come from this issue is an attempt to be more transparent in the future. You may have seen the announcements posted recently regarding planned character changes, as well as a post detailing the changes to Invisible Woman (including why those changes were made). This is an attempt on our part to give users a bit of a heads-up to changes that are coming down the line regarding popular characters, as well as an attempt to help players understand why we feel those changes will benefit the community.

I am very hopeful that we will be able to post an update to the forums in the next few days that outlines all of the details mentioned above (as well as the details I am not able to provide at this time).

Thanks

D3PCS

• IceIX wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    Interesting. I have access to the forumadmin email account and have personally activated quite a few requests that have come in there to save some time. Did you send those mails to the standard support address instead? That's probably the reason it didn't get handled well since the support email has absolutely nothing to do with the D3 forums. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=749 on forum activation.

Good day IceIX. I tried to sign up for this forum before Thanksgiving. After not receiving the activation link, I tried to contact D3 through the in game email (using the envelope-thingy on the main page) a handful of times. At that time, I also expressed some other in-game concerns in addition to asking why I was not receiving an activation link. I do not remember the exact dates I wrote, but then I saw this thread on 12/10 viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1274 and decided to write there since I was not receiving any reply. I viewed my problem as more of a bug/technical issue and admittedly did not know that a post was made about activation links under "news and announcements".

Moving on, I received a reply a week later on 12/17 (only addressing my request for an activiation link) saying "your issue has been resolved" but it surely wasn't, and it was increasingly frustrating to see such a thing. I replied immediaetly and then did not receive a reply until 2+ weeks later with the information needed to finally post on this forum, but again any other concerns I expressed were ignored.

I admit that I did exagerate about the response time by about a week, but the whole process of trying to contact someone/anyone for assistance, and the game itself, are not exactly user friendly. I do enjoy the game, but am put off by the never ending changes and lack of in-game communication about changes. We shouldn't have to come visit a forum to be notified about in-game changes. I was lucky enough to stumble upon this forum and could not imagine what a new player would think when characters and abilities are subject to changes from week to week. If I was a new player, I would probably think this game is schizophrenic.

Thank you for your continued efforts on this forum.
  • BigMao wrote:
    I also haven't received a reply from them since last Thursday (I submitted a ticket because I spent $100 to buy five Thunderclap covers a few hours before the nerf). I was hoping they'd have a response earlier in the week..
    You spent $100 on Thunderclaps and you received those Thunderclaps, you got what you paid for.

You don't have a case or reason to have your money retuned.
  • Emotive wrote:
    BigMao wrote:
    You spent $100 on Thunderclaps and you received those Thunderclaps, you got what you paid for.

When you get food in a nice restaurant, and it is cold and not very good, the manager doesn't come out and say that you got what you paid for. He takes it back, and provides you with something edible. You don't have to make a case for it, you just need to ask.
  • Man I swear to god, the people who complain about the Rag nerf come up with the worst analogies ever.
  • jozier wrote:
    Man I swear to god, the people who complain about the Rag nerf come up with the worst analogies ever.

I complain about the nerf more than I really care about it, but honestly how is that a bad analogy? It is basically stating that good customer service is generally expected. It's not obligatory, but common enough to not be unusual. He thought he was getting a great steak. Others told him how awesome it was. When it came out, it was overcooked and cold. It isn't unusual to express your disapproval in this situation. It also isn't unusual to for the restaurant to offer to fix it. Yes, there are differences, but that's the nature of analogies. The main point is still the same. I'm not asking for a refund or anything because I had a Rag leveled up for a couple weeks, but for him it was hours. No, they don't have to do anything, but it isn't unusual to ask, and it isn't unusual to get a response.
  • BigMao
    BigMao Posts: 117
    Options
    Emotive wrote:
    BigMao wrote:

Good thing you're not customer support!