Why I quit this game after 300+ days

I leave this post for mainly the developer/management/designer team, maybe they take this as a feedback.

As in title, I started playing ~1 year ago, quit over a month ago, with 300+ days played. I bought a steam sale deal in the early days (25k ISO, 8k HP), never spent a dime since. When I quit, I had a roster of 46, including a maxed XF, and some 20 ish maxed 3* characters, 200k ISO and 8k HP, and a lot of characters waiting to be levelled.

Why I quit? I have thought about this a lot, and here are my main reasons:

1. Essential nodes.
This is probably my main reason. Essential nodes makes you gring non-stop for new characters and there is no respite. The PVP event following the new release usually is too late/ or ending barely in time to matter for the next essential nodes.

2. Seasons
This concept was great, and some aspects are still good. However, you need to gring every PVP for Alliance, and it demotivated me greatly that placing 800-900 in every pvp, does not even net you a top 50 placement (not even top 100 in some cases).

3. ISO shortage
Self explanatory for endgame players. ISO gain is way too slow compared to cover gain and character release speeds.

4. PVE design flaws (Partially since resolved)
Scaling, rubberbanding, rewards structure, last 8 hours matter too much. Take your pick.

Mainly reasons 1 and 2. Way too much grinding, and the results are not worth it. The game simply took away way too much time, and was not fun to do so anymore.

Comments

• It's normal to become bored of a game for various reasons. Especially after playing it for a year. Since you have a solid roster, I'd suggest you stick around and just join a public alliance for the fun of it. You can still play the game for the fun of it rather than competing for everything. It should not be a problem for you to get T100 in PVP and PVE for the one cover to keep you in rotation. Maybe after a while there is going to be something in this game that will make you want to be competitive again.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would add to your list

5 - Add so many characters that you need at the very least 4month time to max (because of rotation in events, etc).

6 - Release 3 4* characters in a two months span.

7 - Tokens, the big fraud: You have more chances of winning the lotery than having something good from a token

I still love the game, but in my case I am very demotivated to play it because of how devs handle things. icon_cry.gif
  • i actually noticed that i play way less since i joined a PVP alliance, in fact i feel like im even restricted to only playing like a couple of hours just for the push