I would have grinded Prodigal Sun for a Green Loki

Options
Fulgren
Fulgren Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
What is up with this purpletile.png Loki reward, right after releasing his greentile.png. Considering everyone who missed out on Gauntlet, and supply of purple Lokis everywhere, this is a move clearly aimed to squeeze HP from vets.

Shame, I think the ability is amazing, and I totally would have grinded for some Mischief. Already heavily discussed, it opens the game to setups vs the AI at a great risk reward ratio. Mischief seems like another incentive to use 5 Intimidation Hood, and tank with Lokis old buddy, Patch. Or any greentile.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.png beast.

aside:
While thinking of tanks, I realized Falcon is the only character that matches yellowtile.png and purpletile.png
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I only said yes cause most progression rewards are comically easy to get these days. It doesn't really require grinding unless you join in the last day or two.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They gave us a taste, now you have to spend for more icon_mad.gif

Or get top5 in Sentry pvp (UGH).
  • They gave green in The Gauntlet, purple on this PVE and black is being given out in Sentry PVP t100. This way they make sure they give at least the first cover of each color. I think this is a nice move from the devs for those who want to get Loki now that he is changed.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Okin107 wrote:
    They gave green in The Gauntlet, purple on this PVE and black is being given out in Sentry PVP t100. This way they make sure they give at least the first cover of each color. I think this is a nice move from the devs for those who want to get Loki now that he is changed.

"Give"
  • brisashi wrote:
    Okin107 wrote:
    They gave green in The Gauntlet, purple on this PVE and black is being given out in Sentry PVP t100. This way they make sure they give at least the first cover of each color. I think this is a nice move from the devs for those who want to get Loki now that he is changed.

"Give"

Well I guess you do have to play for it since it's a game. Honestly, it is not hard to get all three covers for Loki if you want them. It takes very minimal play for a 2* roster.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okin107 wrote:

And they "give" green in Starfall just as a top5 reward... Yeah, yeah they are doing it because of new players. Call me evil-minded but I think they just want to cow vets, and make them spend HP. Like giving three 4* in two months time...
  • Polares wrote:
    Okin107 wrote:

And they "give" green in Starfall just as a top5 reward... Yeah, yeah they are doing it because of new players. Call me evil-minded but I think they just want to cow vets, and make them spend HP. Like giving three 4* in two months time...

I dunno about anyone else but too many 4* stars and I just wanna quit, because what's next 5*? it's just a light at the end of the tunnel that you would never reach. And how much are they gonna charge for 5* covers if they come to pass? 5,000 hp?!?! Erm NO! I might as save my pennies and buy a new car! At that rate I could afford a Lamborgini Adventador and a new one at that and I probably ain't dreaming either icon_eek.gif
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Okin107 wrote:
    brisashi wrote:
    Okin107 wrote:

"Give"

Well I guess you do have to play for it since it's a game. Honestly, it is not hard to get all three covers for Loki if you want them. It takes very minimal play for a 2* roster.

The hours add up, especially for anyone working full time. If they keep dishing out even the modest rewards to only the most dedicated of players, even the whales won't stick around much longer.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm glad to see so much support for "I grind anyway". Please join me every time an "I love Gauntlet, please kill PvE" thread pops up. Feels like sometimes I'm the only one in their dissenting.
  • I'm glad to get a purpletile.png cause i don't have one(actually 2/0/1). Then stop think everybody is in your case icon_e_wink.gif.

And i can't get a top 100 cover in pvp cause i'm facing lv166 and 270 with my poor lv 100 characters ... but yes it's very well balanced icon_rolleyes.gif .
  • seth_is_OK
    Options
    Fulgren wrote:
    aside:
    While thinking of tanks, I realized Falcon is the only character that matches yellowtile.png and purpletile.png

No love for Spider-Man?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm more annoyed that green Loki is the top 5 reward in Starfall. The only people that still need black and purple are either new or decided that Loki wasn't worth a roster slot until now.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    I'm more annoyed that green Loki is the top 5 reward in Starfall. The only people that still need black and purple are either new or decided that Loki wasn't worth a roster slot until now.

Or casual players!

My Loki's had 5 purple and 2 black for like 8 months. The change to his black hurts since at 2 covers, it no longer changes all strike tiles.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's a Christmas present from D3 of course. Merry Christmas, Loki has a third ability!

And we'll give you a Loki for top PVE reward! But not that third cover.
    And we'll give you a Loki for Alliance/individual PVP rewards! But not that third cover, unless you can T5.

So - if you have the roster/time/boosts/(money?) to run the gauntlet and T5 in the PVP you can get your Christmas gift! Not Grinch-like at all!
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:

I fall into the latter category. I've been tossing Loki covers since I realized that his black is completely useless (around day 10 or so...). At the time, I couldn't afford the roster slots due to prohibitive HP cost (back then 50HP was a lot for someone with a 1* roster!). Since joining a top 150 alliance, my HP income is fairly steady, so things have changed, and now I do want Loki, if only for essential nodes... So thanks for the blackflag.png Loki devs, though I agree that greenflag.png would have been cooler...
  • DayvBang wrote:

This is, unfortunately, standard D3 behavior. The green Loki cover has been offered twice - full clear of 3rd Gauntlet (probably less than 10% of playerbase) and top5 in PvP (1% of playerbase). During that same period, they have offered the existing covers in four places - top progression (maybe 15% of playerbase), top100 PvP (20% of playerbase), top25 PvP (5% of playerbase), top100 Alliance (about 2% of playerbase).

So the pink covers will go to around 15% and 5%.
    The black covers to 20% and around 2%.
    The green covers went to around 10% and 1%.

That logic makes perfect sense.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

Or casual players!

My Loki's had 5 purple and 2 black for like 8 months. The change to his black hurts since at 2 covers, it no longer changes all strike tiles.

I'm far from casual, and my Loki is 4-2-1 (going from memory right now). I did sell two back in the 1st 30-60 days of playing, IIRC, but that's still not enough to previously max.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    Options
    He wasn't worth a roster slot before, and I still don't think he is.

I don't care about Loki at all.

This is purely my own preference, and personally, the game is so much more enjoyable when I can be honest about what it is i really do, and don't need.

Then i can push the gas when its worthwhile, and let up when its not.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would not. I made a fair attempt during gauntlet and that was it. His green is only relevant if you pair him with someone like Hood who is an absolute priority to kill first. Otherwise you simply get rid of Loki first and forget about his green.

For Elektra though, I am grinding indeed.
  • Top 100 alliance is definitely not 2% of the player base. It's probably more like .01 percent of the player base. Also, Loki was my 1st 3 star and i only have 4 covers for him now (started in late June), so i am nowhere near maxing my Loki. Finally, his purple isn't a bad power, don't know why everyone is complaining...