The Only Winning Move is NOT to Play (A Farewell Monologue)

Options
Unknown
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Sooooo...the time has finally come. This will be my final post. I've been through the thick and thin, the Rag nerf, the Spidey nerf, the Cmag nerf, the Sentry nerf, etc. Hell, at one point, I even convinced myself that true healing was a good thing. I've shield hopped and grinded with the best of you out there (as well as some occasional sneaky sniping icon_lol.gif ). Both my thumbs have been sore from PVE grinding. I've seen so many D3p'ers dropping like flies recently that it saddens my heart. But ultimately, I had to ask myself one very simple question:

Is this game still fun to play?

With the impending 4-star Elektra release and shield nerf, I've come to realize that there is no end game in this freemium universe. The only way to win is not to play. Farewell, fellow gamers. A special shoutout to my former alliances: Skynet and Arch Angels. Thanks for the memories. Have a happy holidays, and please take the time to be with your loved ones.

tumblr_mw8nde7nBf1qdnlrso1_500.gif

Comments

• GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No disrespect intended, because if you're tired of the game and need something fresh, then so be it, be free icon_lol.gif but there's something about the whole "no endgame" line of thinking that confuses me. Isn't the point of a mobile game? Pretty much every successful mobile game is a never-ending slog of mind-numbing grinds. What successful mobile game has an endgame? Angry Birds, technically has one, and so does Candy Crush, but only after thousands of hours of game play, and then there's just sequels. I mean, if that's not what you want, that's all fine and good, but it just seems like it should pretty much be expected from a mobile game - especially a freemium game. I'm just curious for some insight, is all.
  • The other games attempt to improve, while this game focuses on making things harder/worse. That's the major difference. It was fun playing with you in skynet duff. Go dawgs! Lol
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just wanted to say I appreciate the awesome reference in the title. Sad to see anyone go who's been around for so long but as always I totally understand. Hope you find a more fun and less frustrating way to spend your free/gaming time.
  • lol, you should be looking to reach the "end game" in life. Not a game.
  • I feel sorry for the people that can't separate the game from the meta progression. You don't need all the covers, you don't need to grab the top prizes in all or any event. What do you plan on doing with all these covers you are collecting? Their only use is to play the match 3 part of the game. If you do not enjoy the match 3 part of the game, you might as well be collecting stamps.

Some of you might be thinking, "well that is a stupid thing to say, how I'm I suppose to remain competitive without the latest and greatest 4*". You aren't. There is no competition in this game, it is an illusion. You are only beating yourself. The harder you push the harder the game pushes back. The match 3 part of the game is playable no matter what the strength of your roster is, so why are you so caught up in maxing it?

Duffmanohyeah, if you really cannot separate the two, then you have what is called an addiction. And it is in your best interest to stop playing and seek help.
  • Sooooo...the time has finally come. This will be my final post. I've been through the thick and thin, the Rag nerf, the Spidey nerf, the Cmag nerf, the Sentry nerf, etc. Hell, at one point, I even convinced myself that true healing was a good thing. I've shield hopped and grinded with the best of you out there (as well as some occasional sneaky sniping icon_lol.gif ). Both my thumbs have been sore from PVE grinding. I've seen so many D3p'ers dropping like flies recently that it saddens my heart. But ultimately, I had to ask myself one very simple question:

With the impending 4-star Elektra release and shield nerf, I've come to realize that there is no end game in this freemium universe. The only way to win is not to play. Farewell, fellow gamers. A special shoutout to my former alliances: Skynet and Arch Angels. Thanks for the memories. Have a happy holidays, and please take the time to be with your loved ones.

Theatrewide biotoxic and chermical warfare? You didn't get this from Pro-Vision.

MR POTATO HEAD, MR POTATO HEAD, back doors are not secrets.

Wouldn't you prefer a nice game of chess?
  • I hate to see you go, especially from the forum. Tups were bad initially but we're tweaked. I hope you check back in on case things aren't as bad as you thought, or they get remedied if they are.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Switchman wrote:
    lol, you should be looking to reach the "end game" in life. Not a game.

This is actually a completely unhealthy way to think, and creates mental health problems for individuals. The end game of life is... death. You should enjoy the ride. In life and in the games you play. If you aren't enjoying it, look to change it somehow.
  • Sooooo...the time has finally come. This will be my final post. I've been through the thick and thin, the Rag nerf, the Spidey nerf, the Cmag nerf, the Sentry nerf, etc. Hell, at one point, I even convinced myself that true healing was a good thing. I've shield hopped and grinded with the best of you out there (as well as some occasional sneaky sniping icon_lol.gif ). Both my thumbs have been sore from PVE grinding. I've seen so many D3p'ers dropping like flies recently that it saddens my heart. But ultimately, I had to ask myself one very simple question:

53037965.jpg
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Duff Man, Oh... No.
    If nothing else, I will miss drawing your name in PVP. Every time it came up I would hear it delivered in the Duff Man voice...
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nice Biblical end to the place.
  • Professa D
    Options
    Why did he quit you might ask?

tumblr_l98xb77Dsg1qdigxko1_250.gif

DUFFMAN IS THRUSTING IN THE DIRECTION OF THE PROBLEM!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    san-mpq wrote:
    Switchman wrote:
    lol, you should be looking to reach the "end game" in life. Not a game.

This is actually a completely unhealthy way to think, and creates mental health problems for individuals. The end game of life is... death. You should enjoy the ride. In life and in the games you play. If you aren't enjoying it, look to change it somehow.
    ffr2g.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Good luck Duffman you will be missed.