The High AP re-balance direction ... which heros are buffed?

Options
I think if they're going in the stated direction that all skills should cost at least 6 AP, and even then the 6 AP skills are pretty bad like Rag's, all the skills that generate AP get a big buff.

For example, if it takes 12 turns to get enough AP to do a real move, and hood / IM40 combine to take 6 turns off that time, it's huge. Especially because these skills give all colors (well IM40 gives 1-5 colors).

And also, the current skills we all view as terrible because they're 15+ AP, now we have to do a pass on them again because ... maybe you CAN use invisible womans' yellow ... because 23 AP cost is now relatively just 'high' instead of 'insane'.

Comments

• If 6 ap is the trend, passive skills will be top favors.
    Daken would be so strong along with bullseye and the hood.
  • xinyucao wrote:
    If 6 ap is the trend, passive skills will be top favors.
    Daken would be so strong along with bullseye and the hood.

Xinyucao, can you please reply in this thread?
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=702&start=160

I don't agree with what you say on OBW, but I would like to hear your reasoning.

• And also, the current skills we all view as terrible because they're 15+ AP, now we have to do a pass on them again because ... maybe you CAN use invisible womans' yellow ... because 23 AP cost is now relatively just 'high' instead of 'insane'.

You can't use her yellow. It's not just the cost. The problem is on offense, it's already really easy to tell when the enemy will use abilities and stick your tank in front. And on defense the AI will probably match the damn tile the same turn they place it. She's getting reworked next though, so all is well.
  • You don't always have a relevent match to put your tank guy in front on offense. The cost for invisibility is prohibitively high but that doesn't mean the ability to avoid attacks isn't useful in general.
  • Invisibility is useless in practice at this time.

The best use is probably to hide herself after everyone else died.

That way as long as the tile is not matched, she is invisible all time and as a last women on team.

So its really tricky to have a board with very few yellow, and also have her bubble ready to protect the tile.

Maybe her skills will be chainable soon, that way she could be a lot stronger.
  • xinyucao wrote:
    Invisibility is useless in practice at this time.

The best use is probably to hide herself after everyone else died.

That way as long as the tile is not matched, she is invisible all time and as a last women on team.

I won a match that way in no man's land. It didn't exactly make me eager to rush out and use her, I wouldn't have used her to begin with if it wasn't for the fact that my four highest leveled female characters were all Widows and Storms.