Please explain the PVE logic to me Devs

zeeke
zeeke Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
Could someone please explain how you were thinking when you make PVE nodes scale with Roster size and compilation?

I understand the need to keep the game interesting, but in this case your thinking is flawed and Im going to tell you why:

You forgot to scale the rewards with the difficulty!

If you don't understand what I mean, go play a Blizzard game, or Square Enix, or Bioware, or literally any other game with RPG elements. No wait, even tiny kitty shootem-ups scale the points with progression!

Im not saying I shouldn't fight a level 247 Punisher in the first Sub of this PVE, thats not problem. The problem is that somewhere someone else is fighting a level 47 punisher and get the same points, the same ISO and the same Progression rewards. And most likely a 4* Elektra in the end of it, if they just keep hitting the nodes.

So, what I want to see if you are going to keep the individual difficulty scaling :

1: ISO Reward scaling 1:1 with difficulty scaling. If someone is fighting 200% more difficult enemies then anyone else, the ISO should be 200% as well.

2: Same goes for HP rewards

3: Covers. If you are scaling us because we have developed rosters, guess what, we don't need those 2 stars. Get rid of them. Give us 3-stars instead.

4: Shard us, or make us pick the difficulty/rewards like time slots. Id love to play a Gauntlet that was really hard and my roster investments actually paid off for great rewards.

So, to sum it up. I have "invested" about 2.9 million ISO in my roster, Have a slot for every toon out there, even if not everyone is covered yet. But the sad thing is that I don't really see an ROI on that investment in PVE. I see myself get punished instead.

Edit: was way off on my ISO investment calculation, was almost double.

Comments

• I would assume the dev's basically think PVP for vets and everyone else for pve. That's why PVP has seasons, and loads of events, and loads of rewards, and the simulator and so on.

Seems to be fairly obvious from what I have seen anyway, and has been the case for ages. In the last Alliance I was in the guys with full rosters were PVP kings, the lesser ranks were focusing on PVE's, otherwise they basically would never get any decent rewards.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    A node marked Trivial for you will be marked Trivial for everyone else and enemy levels will reflect that.
    Same goes for Normal, Hard, Deadly

Trivial: Enemies much below player roster
    Normal : Enemies slightly lower to slightly higher than player roster
    Hard: Enemies significantly higher than player roster
    Deadly: Enemies can wipe you with 1 ability

Its fine
  • Whoever says "its fine" has not played the last gauntlet vs. lvl 395 enemies to get one green loki cover as reward.
    Or Zombie-cleared pve nodes every 2.2 hours to have at least a slight chance getting that top50 shora cover.
    And there is a difference between a deadly node with lvl 220 enemies and a deadly node with lvl 395 enemies. At that point it doesn't matter if your roster size is 50 or 80 or if you have maxed 5 or 15 chars.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    My issue in this PVE is global scaling is off. Time slice one enters the sub and everything is trivial. I am in Slice 4 so when I started my nodes were Normal after 1 clear. Becuase globally more people were playing people who joined a later time slice have gotten harder nodes. So in PVE you need to take the 1st time slice or you get more difficult nodes.
  • I totally agree with this, why should I be punished for the hard work and loyalty that I have put into this game?
    So if I progress with my roster I get screwed?
    Why would a 2* transitioning player get a 4 star so easily? So that he spends cash on the game? If so The player will soon realize that he can't get nowhere in pvp because he will be fighting with one 4* and two 2*'s and in the upcoming pve he would have to deal with scaling also.
    Aren't 4*s for players transitioning from 3*'s?
  • fmftint wrote:
    A node marked Trivial for you will be marked Trivial for everyone else and enemy levels will reflect that.
    Same goes for Normal, Hard, Deadly

Trivial: Enemies much below player roster
    Normal : Enemies slightly lower to slightly higher than player roster
    Hard: Enemies significantly higher than player roster
    Deadly: Enemies can wipe you with 1 ability

Its fine
    It sounds like a good idea If the rewards are well worth it I would take a challenge and even better if we could play all the different difficulty levels for ISO farming I wouldn't join the harder ones for the top rewards
  • zeeke
    zeeke Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    It's not "fine"

How exactly is a developed roster helping when you face lvl 395 goons?

You can still only use 3 of them, and for PVE theres a few that work well
  • yeah except the nodes marked trivial, while paling in comparison with the deadly nodes, still contain characters at such high levels that their powers will kill off ur dudes if they hit. where as for a low lvl PVE like mine i can absorb any number of their best powers even on a deadly node and still not have to heal up before i attempt the next one.