Beef with character rotation

Still relatively new to game. Have been buying covers to catch up some. I'm now at a point to build decent 3* team and yet arguably the best 3* are out of rotation this season so I can't even get their covers. Why would you take top played 3*s out?

Even if I wanted to HP boost covers I can't get them for LDaken, LThor, or Black Panther

At least make them available in an event or something.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they only rotate characters that they weren't planning on featuring anytime soon anyway, so the only real effect of the rotation is that you cannot get the characters from tokens. But even a small chance of getting them is better than no chance...
    I also suspect that it has something to do with how many have them fully covered/leveled already. A character that many have finished is better for the community as a whole to take out of rotation. The side effect of this is of course that the best characters tend to be the ones that people have fully covered/leveled...
  • I get the catch 22 that out of rotation are probably the ones mostly fully covered, but those are also some of the best 3*s.
    Meaning a 2-3* transitioner such as myself buying tokens to catch up is out of luck. That's my problem, how am I to build and compete with others if the arguably best 3*s aren't even available? From what I have seen so far Gamora and Rock+Groot are not as good as Black Panther, LThor, LDaken.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    firestrand wrote:
    I get the catch 22 that out of rotation are probably the ones mostly fully covered, but those are also some of the best 3*s.
    Meaning a 2-3* transitioner such as myself buying tokens to catch up is out of luck. That's my problem, how am I to build and compete with others if the arguably best 3*s aren't even available? From what I have seen so far Gamora and Rock+Groot are not as good as Black Panther, LThor, LDaken.

You are correct. And I am in the same boat.

Just wanted to point our that while neither is better than BP, R+G are INCREDIBLY annoying if you don't finish them off quickly once their health is down. The I am Groot ability can bring them up to 100% with just one yellow match icon_e_sad.gif
  • "As good as," is a funny phrase. This isn't a game of Top Trumps. It's a game of strategy, and you make do with what you've got.

My maxed characters are: Spider-Man, GSBW, The Hood, Human Torch, and Patch. I could have maxed IM40 and The Hulk, but I chose not to spend the ISO. For a long time, GSBW was my only good one. Then I bought Spider-Man's blue, and they were my team. After the nerf, I only had GSBW. I did not consider myself weak.

Sure, I didn't do very well in Season II, but I chose my battles and I tried for the characters I needed.

You notice I'm not mentioning LDaken, LThor, Black Panther? I got them eventually. I'll level them eventually. But in the meantime, I've discovered that Hood, Torch, and GSBW make a killer combo. Not great on defense, but quite capable of winning hard battles. Like any strategist, I avoid battles I can't win, but I haven't felt my roster was lacking.

Just because people badmouth a character doesn't mean you can't do well with it. You don't see a lot of 3* Captain America in PVP, but you wouldn't want to have to deal with his redflag.png at level 166. Most 3* characters can do you well at max level. Even She-Hulk. Even Beast. Even the old Daredevil.

As for the characters who are out of rotation right now? Their replacements are great. Mystique, Rocket and Groot, Gamora, and Blade will all prove to be strong contenders in time. As for Thor, the greenflag.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.png hitter with the high life total, try The Sentry. You'll like him. Need Daken's strike tiles? Blade does the job. Don't have BP, but need someone who puts down strike tiles and then hits everyone at once? Gamora doesn't have that stupid Defense Grid skill wasting a slot.

If you want Daken's healing, it's because you haven't read how Groot's works.

You won't be able to collect all the 3* covers at once, anyways, and you'll still need to get the ISO to max them. And I think you'll find that a level 166 Mystique can do quite enough damage while you wait for the next 13 Thor covers.
  • I get what you are saying.

I am doing the best I can with Mystique + MnMag, and can win against any 2* and some 3* roster's. However they suck on defense since the AI can't match 5 or use the abilities right. I lack the ability to use LDaken to climb with True Heal, can't get the tankiness of LThor to help with defense.

I could see rotating out 1 of the top 3*s, but 3 of 4?
  • " Don't have BP, but need someone who puts down strike tiles and then hits everyone at once? Gamora doesn't have that stupid Defense Grid skill wasting a slot.
    just looking at old posts. Bp blue skill was putting in work during the waves fights in enemy of the state. He was keeping the team afloat during those long fights. had him with patch only had trouble when gorgon was active in the beginning of the fight. if i didn't rush between the gorgon fights i would be able to have enough AP reserves to put him down after he made his first move on his second or third appearances. the strike tile damage was getting ridiculous almost 3k per match. anyways have fun.