Off Season ISO-8 Event!

Options
Unknown
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I was thinking, with all the new chars and the fact that even whales are starting to feel the ISO-8 shortage, why not having an off-season event that rewards ISO?

I was thinking of a PVE where there are only progression rewards and they are all ISO-8. Something like The Gauntlet but with tons of ISO. I don't have an actual complete example of such an event. I am just throwing this idea in for discussion. Hopefully, the devs will have some interest in such an idea too.

So, I had two ideas:

1. A PVE like Gauntlet where you kill nodes once and you go in it for the progression rewards.
2. A PVE like all others but all the rewards are ISO-8 and maybe some HP. Make the nodes drop 100+ ISO-8 (100, 300, 500, 1000) so that it is not the usual disappointing 20 ISO. Have both progression and rank rewards and fill them all with only ISO and some HP.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Lightning Rounds should start today, they are basically just that - a way to generate ISO outside of the season.
  • Okin107 wrote:
    I was thinking, with all the new chars and the fact that even whales are starting to feel the ISO-8 shortage, why not having an off-season event that rewards ISO?

Because they expect the whales to buy Iso when they are short of it...
  • Quebbster wrote:
    The Lightning Rounds should start today, they are basically just that - a way to generate ISO outside of the season.

Most of the people don't do LRs because they do not have the infinite time to grind everything in the game. I see them as something that exists but I will never participate because time vs rewards is just not worth it.
  • Okin107 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Most of the people don't do LRs because they do not have the infinite time to grind everything in the game. I see them as something that exists but I will never participate because time vs rewards is just not worth it.

even if you just get to the 100 point progression, you get at least 1000 iso with all the covers/rewards from individual fights. no grinding needed. not a huge amount, but it certainly helps.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okin107 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Here's a thread you should read: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19989
    You don't need to place well in the lightning rounds for ISO. The ISO you get for beating up the seed teams is plenty of reward, and it doesn't take long to do it too.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I always play the Lightning Rounds, at least to 50 points if not 100. Takes all of 10 minutes, nice bunch of ISO and the off chance of a miracle pull from the Standard token