That moment...

Options
Unknown
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
...when the is only 1 hitman left and the board is filled with strike tiles and there is one Tommy Gun tile with countdown 1 that will kill you whole team but you cannot stop it and you just stare at the board, stare at your heroes, open all your skills to double check whether you got enough AP or not, realize that you are dead, but instead of retreating you go ahead and wipe your whole team without realizing that you can still fight with a half downed team rather than a dead one.

Ahhh... good times!

Comments

• The worst is when you see the Tommy Gun countdown tile and pray for 5 full turns to get any blue tiles to even appear on the board to have a hope against hope to match it. 5 turns later, zero blue tiles. Sometimes those Powered up nodes just fall the wrong way, can be really frustrating.
  • nimvin
    nimvin Posts: 81
    Options
    This has happened to me a few times in this event. And to make matters even more insulting im running obw/mmags/lcap. I swear if I ever saw so much green on a board with Lthor as I have this event I would cry tears of joy as I nuke my enemies afterturn 2.
  • Tommy Gun CD at 1, a match-3 blue in plain sight, and OBW needs 2 for Anti-Gravity.

That's usually when the single tear slides down my cheek, I slowly close my laptop and curl up in the fetal position in the corner.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    several times last night I feel like the character in the disaster movie who heavily drops into a chair and sinks when the heroic attempt to thwart impending doom fails. case in point:

Tommy Gun drops to 2 and redwing returns from his last outing.

Tommy-Gun drops to 1 - and with that goon out front you give him everything you've got..
    * redwing flies off and... who knows what the hell redwing is doing, he didn't hit that tommy gun tile and he doesn't want to be here when that guy starts shooting.. stare forelornly into the sky, abandoned by your winged salvation...
    * XForce green, doesn't down him and misses the countdown tile... sit down heavily..
    * shotgun through 25 blue AP worth of chemical reactions fail to do the deed.. stare into empty palms..
    * make one last hoping strike tiles will carry you across the finish but no... squeezes eyes closed and grimace..
    * wait for attack tiles to resolve.. but the goon still stands.

glance up defiant to the end.. daring him to do it..
    see the corners of his mouth lift into a smile as he squeezes his trigger finger and opens to fire.