I am finally done with this game...

Options
Unknown
edited September 2016 in General Discussion
purplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.png

Hello there fellow MPQ brothers and sisters. I am here to let you all know that I am finally done playing this game. I am literally burnt out from all of the events that have been released back-to-back these past couple of months and no longer feel the same child-like fire burning within that I felt the 1st day I played. There can be many arguments stated, both good and bad, in regards to this game. Unfortunately, I am dwindling through the pros and leaning more towards cons for my reasons for leaving. With all of the recent changes, updates, tweaks, nerfs, and what have you, it has really become more of a 'chore' to play MPQ rather than 'enjoyment'. I will admit, I was one of those many players who spent money on this to quickly level up my characters, shield hop when I wanted to get that high score so that I could get that one particular 1300 prize and boost anytime I wanted to gain extra advantage. To me, just like many of you out there, this was FUN! Why? Because, it was a hobby that I could turn to when I needed to take my mind off of things such as life, work and daily nonsense. A hobby I did not mind spending money on. But, a hobby that I did not feel the 'NEED' to have to do on a everyday basis. Because, of the grandeur of being able to hop when I wanted that gave me control of when I felt like logging on to still achieve my desired score. I had loads of fun being able to organize, strategize with my team-mates, chat amongst ourselves about how great this game and the possibilities of seeing other characters join the fray. That 'fun' feeling is now lost because now with all of the time-slots added to PvE, PvP AND shielding D3P has made it nearly impossible to continue playing on a 'fun' level. Yes, they had great intentions on making this game 'fair' for everyone because of how others were able to shield hop while others could not. Particularly, because those who could not did not have the funds to do so. Is that my fault that some people who play cannot afford to shield hop? Is it my fault that some people cannot afford to level up their characters? Is it my fault that I am a better strategist and competitor than many other players who have failed to inherit such abilities of coordination, competitiveness and superiority? I think not. D3P, with your added time-slots to everything because you all desire to make this game 'fair' you have lost a devoted player. You have done nothing but change the game in terms of making it a duty, a chore that one MUST complete in order to stay up-to-date. Sorry, but this is nowhere near fun. I know there are many out there who will contest to this post and say that I am whining about something so simple. It is not simple when you MAKE a game 'mandatory' to play. It is ok. Call me what you wish it is ok icon_e_biggrin.gif Now, players have to look to their watches just to stay in tune, or at least somewhat on level with their scores. Unlike yourselves over at D3P I am not a game designer so my world does not revolve around this game. And, that is the exact feeling you have left me with. Good luck to you all and a final farewell to those I had the honor of playing alongside, the fun devoted and wonderful members of both 'AllMarvelAtJay' and The 'X-Men'! God bless icon_e_ugeek.gif

purplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.png

Comments

• Many competitives player have same mind as you Koz, think the same thing...

Your thread is really great, would be very nice if some people could follow you (I do not mean in leaving but saying their opinion about new shield and stuff)

To me, IT SUCKS SO BAD this can totally RUIN the game. Didn't say it will but it can, could make a lot of players leaving I'm hundred percent sure it could totally KILL the game

That would be a sad stuff, cause there is an amazing community here in MPQ..

Thanks for your post and being the first talking about this Koz.

You did a real great job with that thread, opening the discussion about updates, to me, you are totally right on everything you said.

And I know, A LOT OF PLAYERS think this too !

You also were an amazing guy and players in 'X-Men'. Will never forgett you !

- Regards, siXtynine(neskAw)

NB: I'm really sad you are leaving us icon_e_sad.gif. Wishing you Best of Luck and more, get everything you want bro ! You'll be missed !
  • Thank you for your kind words Nesk they mean a great deal to me. Believe me I miss the hell out of the team just the same. You all welcomed me with open arms, shared many great tips, strategies and just stories of life icon_e_biggrin.gif What a team, alliance and brotherhood should have. I so wish to return, but my gameplay fiery heart has lost its flame. It would be great for other like-minded players from all over the MPQ community to speak their minds on this matter because then the Devs will know what is going on and how a majority of us feel like in regards to these changes. I mean, it truly is a legitimate argument. Do the creators of Gears of War, Call of Duty and Ghost Recon change their gameplay because certain players feel like it is not geared, marketed, and cost efficient to their needs? NO! Pfft, if it is too costly for one particular person then guess what buddy? Don't friggen sit there and spend all day on the game and spend what you don't have, then come rolling around here on the Devs forum complaining that it is too much! This truly is a valid argument that I wish I could take further and get the creators of this game to do away with the time shields of PvE AND PvP. I mean, what are they going to do? Run an update and make a change every time someone creates a thread of how something in some event is unfair? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I know I ran away on this but it is good to get this off my chest. This is the MAIN reason why I left and lost complete desire. Say hello to everyone for me icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • So it was "fun" to throw money at this game ?
    Ive spent close to 200 dollars and i dont feel obligated to play. whats wrong with having different start times ? Not everyones on your schedule. Not everyone finds it fun throwing money out the window..
    if your complaining about having to play to be rewarded i dont know what to tell you
    maybe just pay d3 directly and they can send you some star stickers
    Sry all i got out of your post was " im paying to not have to play this game"
  • No, I am the one that is sorry. You can say and think whatever your pretty little heart and mind tells you. As a REAL gamer I completely understand AND am ok with coming across a game that is pay-to-play. What I am not ok with is changing the ENTIRE gameplay just to satisfy petty little cry babies *AHEM* such as yourself, who complain about a games tactic of having to pay in order to play. In addition, complaining about how other teams, ELITE teams mind you, who score high on a consistent basis. Why are you low saps complaining about other teams' high scores? Ohhhh I don't know, it could be because you 'little' people feel like you are being treated unjustly because you can't reach a certain score. To us REAL gamers/players that is the whole concept of the pay-to-play game: Um, if you want to play your friggen pay icon_lol.gif And, if you can't pay then simply just ride it out, but don't sit there and gripe on a consistent basis about other teams and players' successes on a daily basis. And, no I'm not complaining about having or wanting to pay just to play. What my complaint was in regards to was the fact that they went and changed everything according to YOU people. That's right, I'm segregating you lol A better implementation if they wanted to really make it fair would have been to limit how many shields one can use per event, instead of the whole time ****. As I stated in my 1st post, placing a time on the game MAKES you have to keep track of your time. That's completely uncalled for. One should not have to keep looking at their watch just to stay in the game and stay at a decent level. THAT my little special NooTs friend is what I am complaining about. Now, if you STILL don't understand where I'm going with this might I suggest you make a copy of this post and maybe take it to your English teacher so they can explain to you the basics of the English language and how many words are used icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Marvelous post good sir ! I didnt complain to anyone and like ive said have sunk a small fortune into this game
    i guess agree to disagree, and its not really pay to play
    just pay to win. Most rewards are unobtainable unless you spend
    which is fine i guess
    its not a tactic
    theres nothing tactical about pulling out your wallet to win dude
    How tactical do you feel when you pull out ur wallet at walmart ?
    They make it cost a fortune to win because lil tinykitty holsters such as yourself have no real concept of money
    No need to attack me personally, dont lump me in with the unwashed masses,
  • And we are finally here... where developpers want to bring us.

I'm talking for all common of mortals here.

You got rewards you're happy and continue, you can't get the amount of points you want to get rewards you want, you begin to be bored to get nothing, and go to see elsewhere.
    Feeling of new players or players with 3 star.png lv 100 who are stuck facing walls of lv166-270, create topics to scream their rage and others people insult them about whining, ect...

With the actual system of matchmaking always the same get top rewards and others get bored... normal. Even if you spend (lot of) time on this game you are not sure to get something usefull and insteresting.

I suggested a solution who could change this (not the broken MMR, it's part of the game now :p), spend time in the game, and get rewarded, just as simple as this. Check the link in my signature and if you like it doesn't hesitate to make us know, that will help a lot icon_e_wink.gif.
  • Im very close to leaving this game myself now
    As you say at first was fun
    Then you start spending and they make it harder so you spend more
    but now for me its got stupid
    Ive just this second come out of playing a game because i have a couple of characters just over 100 everyone i seem to get offered to fight now has every character over 120
    Or
    a moment ago i was unable to beat a team of 60's which normally i breeze through but i was only able to make 4 or so moves lol

Its got ridiculous now ive spent alot of money and a hell of a lot of time and now at times when i play im asking myself why should i bother anymore!!

I used to recommend Marvel Puzzle Quest
    Now Im beginning to want to warn people instead!
    Truly fed up
    Cant seem to get anywhere anymore
  • Hahaha. I cant stop laughing. But its not funny when you realize youve done that.

Whats the size of that Canopus bass drum? Is that 16"?
  • Thx for ruining the PVP D3!

As a player with only 2 characters at 166 running into a wall of boosted featured characters alongside all 166 and 270's after scoring a measly 150pts is getting really old real soon.
    Why change the prizes from 500pts and up if you make them unreachable for the not so developed players?

I paid several times for this game cuz it was fun. No more!

Half of my alliance has already quit the game!

Make it better instead of screwing it up!
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You don't HAVE to play every single event and every single node, it's just a game.This game doesn't make you do anything. It offers the ability to pay for certain things but doesn't make it a requirement. You don't have to spend hero points to enter an event, it doesn't ask for money every time you try to clear a node.

I don't even know who you are OP but I support you leaving the game. I'm sorry that shielding got changed because of time zones because you couldn't abuse it. I'm sorry that you can no longer impress everyone about your ability against AI opponents because of shielding. I'm sorry that you feel that this game is mandatory because you can't make rational choices in life. I'm sorry to everyone who read your goodbye post because you're narcissistic and sore because you can't cheat anymore.

Wait, I can do this... purplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.png

Enjoy!