Anyone else having a hard time placing in events?

Options
Unknown
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok, so i placed top 10 in last pve that rewarded falcon, top 20 for grocket rewards, top 50 for thour and gamora, and top 150 for captain marvel. I've been playing about the same amount of time for each of these pve's. Anyone else experiencing the same problems as I am?

Comments

• TheViceroy
    TheViceroy Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    I saw this problem in the first PVE they had with the event times added, and IMO it's a 2 fold problem:

1) 2.5 refreshes
    2) you get auto-added into sub-brackets regardless of whether you want it or not

So if you are doing something in the real world or at work (like me right now) and you can't play, you're still added to a sub-bracket with everyone else of your time slice. This means that you it's impossible to make back the ground you missed for the 2.5 refreshes you missed and they did.
    So while at work or sleeping you pretty much lose ranking you can never get back, which means no top 50 or even top 100 for most of these brackets.
    Complete garbage.

Just like you, I used to place top 50 or even top 10 no problem before. Now? Impossible unless I play every waking second more or less. And this time around there's a new character as the reward (unlike an undesirable Cap Marvel red), it will batshit crazy competition.

If this is a side effect of event times, they need to go.
    Auto-joining is complete ****.

PVE needs a complete overhaul, and this only highlights that fact.
  • I saw this problem in the first PVE they had with the event times added, and IMO it's a 2 fold problem:

1) 2.5 refreshes
    2) you get auto-added into sub-brackets regardless of whether you want it or not

So if you are doing something in the real world or at work (like me right now) and you can't play, you're still added to a sub-bracket with everyone else of your time slice. This means that you it's impossible to make back the ground you missed for the 2.5 refreshes you missed and they did.
    So while at work or sleeping you pretty much lose ranking you can never get back, which means no top 50 or even top 100 for most of these brackets.
    Complete garbage.

Just like you, I used to place top 50 or even top 10 no problem before. Now? Impossible unless I play every waking second more or less. And this time around there's a new character as the reward (unlike an undesirable Cap Marvel red), it will tinykitty crazy competition.

If this is a side effect of event times, they need to go.
    Auto-joining is complete tinykitty.

PVE needs a complete overhaul, and this only highlights that fact.
    I have noticed a change since time slots were added, but more for pvp than pve. I can only get top 100 about every other time in pvp now, whereas before, i got top 100 every time.
    I dont even choose my slot until I'm ready to play so auto-join doesnt effect me. But last event, i started at rank 794 and had to play every mission over 5times a day and only got top 150 through last hour grinding. Just as a fun fact, my falcon went from a 0/4/1 build to a 2/5/4 build over the course of his event. I consider that a major accomplishment
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1) 2.5 refreshes

1) I am with you...2.5 hours refreshes are really annoying & make for crazy grinding that is not sustainable with real life...it has to be replaced with something better like no placement rewards in PvE, only progression rewards...or at least be increased to fit daily life (just 4 hours would already make a good difference I think).

2) My solution to getting auto-added to a bracket is to not choose my time slice until I can do my first real clear...I knew already which one I was going to take right away...but held on until I can actually sit & play the event for a little while...that way I am in whatever bracket that was open at the time which means I am not too much behind & also all the keen players are probably not in that bracket for the entire event so chances are that I might need a little less grinding to get a half decent reward...I hope... icon_e_wink.gif

As for the subs...if you need to play a node in the main sub to unlock them then you won't be auto-added...

Anyway...I hope this helps... icon_cool.gif
  • TheViceroy
    TheViceroy Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    Carnage_78 wrote:

As for the subs...if you need to play a node in the main sub to unlock them then you won't be auto-added...

This didn't seem to be the case. it probably is, and I just didn't know what was happening and was more confused as to why I was like 600+ as soon as I entered, and other players had super high scores already.

Hope you're right cause I haven't started Prodigal Son yet...
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hope you're right cause I haven't started Prodigal Son yet...

If you haven't chosen your time slice then once you do you should be allocated to whatever bracket is currently opened...but if you did choose your time slice before the event then you are unfortunately probably in one already...starting or not the event won't change that.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnage_78 wrote:

that WAS the case pre-pve timeslice. But now you are placed in main and sub bracket as soon as you join an event (check out the leader board for both in prodigal sun. They will be identical for the first sub, and will only change slightly later on. This is a big and underappreciated change.

combined with the weaker recent rubberbanding, it is now basically impossible to place top 10 in pve without constant grinding every 3 hours from the second you join until the end of the event. I for one would like to see some modifications to this format.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Also doesn't help that you might get thrown into a bracket that has been half filled for a number of hours. When I did my first clear on this current PVE, the top scorer already had 4x my points. Not exactly making me want to grind for a respectable finish
  • I'm finding it easier to place middle rank. Now there's way more 0's in the bracket at the bottom end.

I'm tempted to try joining an event a day late and seeing how competitive the brackets are.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    woopie wrote:
    Also doesn't help that you might get thrown into a bracket that has been half filled for a number of hours. When I did my first clear on this current PVE, the top scorer already had 4x my points. Not exactly making me want to grind for a respectable finish
    If you are going to join an event late your best bet is to check the Event-Slice-Bracket thread to get a general idea where you might be joining a fresh bracket or one that is nearly full