Reworking PVE at the core

2»

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daily challenges would be so easy to implement and would add so much to the game in such a simple way.

Since I started playing about a month or so after launch I have said again and again that competitive PVE is the worst idea ever. We have PVP for competition, we should not have to fight each other for PVE rewards. If anything, they should work on doing something *co-operatively*. Imagine what that would do for the community?
  • Fully agree here. PVE as it is is no pve but a PVP in story mode. Thora PVE was my worst MPQ experience since playing this game. All this zombie-grinding every few hours, not daring to sleep, just to have a chance getting at least one of her covers.
    Having to compete in story mode against other players is no fun.
    Gauntlet is the right way but its scaling is broken. I have a moderate scaling and my last node was maybe lvl 330 enemies. It was still a hard way to finally get the green loki. But for some of my alliance mates the whole last section were lvl 395 enemies. Where is the sense in that?
    My wish is something like Gauntlet with fixed enemy levels and staged prizes. First section is doable for a 1* or 2* roster and rewards a 2*, second section is doable for a 2* roster and rewards a 3* and last section is hard as hell but may reward a 4* or a 10 pack.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is the issue with a non competitive PVE like the Gauntlet. The Gauntlet does not give out very many cover rewards. By having a competitive PVE the Dev's have given 2* players a chance to win 3* covers since they have been so outclassed in PVP. There is a way to have PVE still be competitive but not be such a grind and it is all personall scaling and shortening the time of the PVE I think 4 days at most with 24 hour subs.

Here is the core idea: Each node is fixed points. It starts out as trivial and you can beat trivial 1 times and then the node goes to Easy 1 times. Next the node goes to Normal and you can beat it 2 times. It then goes to Hard 3 times. It will then land on Deadly and you can beat Deadly 4 times.
    So you would be able to complete the nodes 11 times if you want all at once or within the 24 hour sub. Each difficulty will be worth more points so by beating more challenging nodes you get more points.

Since this would all be on personal scaling everyone is on an even playing field, but those who can win a more difficult level more will earn the competitive reward. You can make each sub have it's own progresion or have a global progression. The number if times you can beat a sub can always be manipulated so it can go as low as 5 or as high as infinate deadly nodes.

This lets players play when they want at their pace, but also give a competitive aspect so 2* teams can still earn more rewards. I am sure there are flaws, but I think it would be a better PVE where players can play more on their time, but still give out more rewards for grinders.