Thank you to hoppers everywhere!

Options
Unknown
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I was in slice 5 for the first avenger pvp. Maybe its because it may 000be the last big blast for shield for shield hops or whatever. It honestly confounds me why people score 2000+ points for a pvp, but I'm not complaining; quite the opposite!

Thank you xmen, former xmen, former Spartans, Tacos, et cetera, for my very easy 1300 point goddess. You guys rock, even if you're incomprehensible to me.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I too rode the wave to a Blue Thor last night - thank you to all you hoppers for being willing to inject so many points into the ecosystem.

The shield nerf will be a sad day. I know they say it is coming for the benefit of the players, but it feels like the more compelling explanation for nerfing shields is that they are disappointed with how many people are able to win a 4* card... its hard to get people to buy them when they can just *win* them after all.
  • I too rode the wave to a Blue Thor last night - thank you to all you hoppers for being willing to inject so many points into the ecosystem.

The shield nerf will be a sad day. I know they say it is coming for the benefit of the players, but it feels like the more compelling explanation for nerfing shields is that they are disappointed with how many people are able to win a 4* card... its hard to get people to buy them when they can just *win* them after all.
    It's hard to get people to buy them when they cost an arm and a leg.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why do you think they have started filling out 4* land? Top-end players have or will fill out their 4* rosters soon and have nothing to try and achieve (Rocket and Gamora aren't going to cut it anymore or really any 3*). I'm guessing they'll start pumping out 4*'s now until introduction of the new 5* (Ultron is my bet), which will never be offered as a top progression.

I think they learned from 4* progressions that people will do it if given the opportunity.
  • Breakking
    Breakking Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    As one of the former Spartans I say two things:

Thank you for the shout out. Sparta never got much forum love when it was alive.

You're welcome.
  • Breakking wrote:
    As one of the former Spartans I say two things:

Thank you for the shout out. Sparta never got much forum love when it was alive.

You're welcome.

Try being in Skynet icon_e_wink.gif But, alas, it's a labor of love.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess those season end rewards for placement never occurred to anyone.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I want to say thank you also. Those high scoring players make it easy enough for some to reach 1000+ points but they also made it possible for 6-10 players to carry an alliance, where the bottom half might not average more than 500 points, into the top 100 and greatly accelerate roster development for transitioning players.

I'm also pretty sure many of the players scoring 1500+ points in PvP had the top progression rewards so they were helping 3* players to 4*
  • SuperBatPoohMan
    Options
    until this shield cool down i never thought of it in that sense...so all u big dogs do deserve a TY for getting lower guys pts in pvp....TY icon_e_smile.gif
  • I guess those season end rewards for placement never occurred to anyone.

Oh, it certainly occurred to me. And I immediately failed to understand how ten extra heroic tokens are worth the HP spent in shielding to reach 2000+.

But you've all done the community a service by injecting those points into the system, and I appreciate it even if others don't.