Revolution in ISO-8 hunt!

Options
h4n1s
h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Many of you have asked: "There's been lot of new characters, but how to overcome the ISO-8 shortage?"

From a trustworthy source at D3 leaked an information about new feature. There's gonna be implemented a brand new special button. Every click on such button gives you 1 ISO-8. Clicks are unlimited. Preview below (just a concept)

100?cb=201311271041531.jpg

D3 realized that this is the best way how to enable any player to get his/her own ISO-8 stack, so everybody can level their characters even if they don't have enough real money to buy it. But of course not without effort, that'd be cheap...

This feature is sponsored by mouse/touchpad/touchscreen manufacturers.

in case you think this is HOAX ... you are right, but what the hell... I am having this crazy mood today

Comments

• If there was a cookie clicker minigame to get iso nobody would play the match3 modes anymore icon_lol.gif
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    If there was a cookie clicker minigame to get iso nobody would play the match3 modes anymore icon_lol.gif

end of an era, beginning of new one called Marvel Clicker Quest icon_e_smile.gif
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    If there was a cookie clicker minigame to get iso nobody would play the match3 modes anymore icon_lol.gif

I would adore a special play mode on a timer, where you have to match a specific ISO-8 gem type to gain additional stock of ISO-8. Strewn randomly into the board, it's your job is to grab as many of them as possible in a 5 minute window after which the node blacks out and becomes unplayable for 12 hours or so (so as to not be completely unbalanced). The original Puzzle Quest games had lots of those special play modes tossed in for learning spells, domesticating beasts, forging equipment, etc.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    gamar wrote:

I would adore a special play mode on a timer, where you have to match a specific ISO-8 gem type to gain additional stock of ISO-8. Strewn randomly into the board, it's your job is to grab as many of them as possible in a 5 minute window after which the node blacks out and becomes unplayable for 12 hours or so (so as to not be completely unbalanced). The original Puzzle Quest games had lots of those special play modes tossed in for learning spells, domesticating beasts, forging equipment, etc.
    I miss trying to make an easy fight last a little longer in the old Puzzle Quest games, as I tried to earn a little more gold and experience.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1 ISO-8? Might be quicker to get quick 20 ISO-8 from a prologue match, than finding 20 clicks.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So if I were a whale, I could pay someone 10 bucks an hour to click on that thing all day. Sounds good. It's a better ROI than buying ISO icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Vitalbird
    Options
    h4n1s wrote:
    Many of you have asked: "There's been lot of new characters, but how to overcome the ISO-8 shortage?"

From a trustworthy source at D3 leaked an information about new feature. There's gonna be implemented a brand new special button. Every click on such button gives you 1 ISO-8. Clicks are unlimited. Preview below (just a concept)

100?cb=201311271041531.jpg

D3 realized that this is the best way how to enable any player to get his/her own ISO-8 stack, so everybody can level their characters even if they don't have enough real money to buy it. But of course not without effort, that'd be cheap...

This feature is sponsored by mouse/touchpad/touchscreen manufacturers.

in case you think this is HOAX ... you are right, but what the hell... I am having this crazy mood today

This reminds me of the time Homer Simpson got fat enough to work from home with a computer. Then he got a drinking bird to cover for him while he went to the movies. Wait! I think I just conquered the meta game. I guess D3 will have to close up shop.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    gamar wrote:

Dunno, cookie clicker gets boring after you run out of upgrades. I mean once I got to 200 Prisms it was like: what next?
    icon_razz.gif
  • Jetness
    Options
    I've got about 35,000 Iso-8 just sitting there waiting for a 3 star.png cover.

Iso-8 isn't the problem, it's lack of 3 star.png covers!
  • Tharos
    Tharos Posts: 129
    Options
    Jetness wrote:
    I've got about 35,000 Iso-8 just sitting there waiting for a 3 star.png cover.

Iso-8 isn't the problem, it's lack of 3 star.png covers!

You will understand what this post is about later in the 2*->3* transition.
    Each 3* needs more than 172 000 iso. A 4* needs more than 400 000 iso. In this game, you first struggle to win some 3* covers, but after a point, you do really need iso to improve your roster. Your 35000 iso will vanish in no time.
  • Great! The finger I have cloned is not gonna go to waste now. I will invent a special machine that taps my phone repeatedly with my cloned finger. Ah, evolution!
  • They really have to do sometihng about iso.
    The game is becoming boring because I'm sitting a multiple 3* characters I'd like to lv but can't.
    With full covers from characters like spiderman (yeah since eternity), falcon, psylocke, deadpool, cap marvel etc
    there are way too many characters I'd like to try out but can't lv.
    The thing is youve got to concentrate on the top 4-5 characters to be competitive and with the (way too) fast character release rate
    it's hard to have any interrest in these new ones unless they are OP.
  • Getting close to a half mil iso, waiting on 3* covers.

This is actually a great idea for d3 to sell more hp for roster slots. Imagine the possibilities:
    Wolverines/Dakens: The more icon_wolverine.png slots you have, the more they automatically slice up cookies, ..er iso. for you! Use a 3 finger swipe to activate berserker cookie rage!
    Torches: icon_humantorch.png uses his flame powers to heat more ovens to bake more cookies. Add more fireball covers to increase the rate of cookies.
    Falcons: icon_falcon.png summons his bird army to gather ingredients for more cookies.
    Doc Ocks: icon_doctoroctopus.png utilizes his many tentacles to whip up 8 batches of cookies at once! The true master baker!
    Storms: icon_storm.png uncovers hidden latent powers to make it rain cookies! Hallelujah!

I'd be buying roster slots like crazy to fill up my army of Wolverines..