Time shards and Lack of visible rewards

Options
Unknown
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Time shards is a good thing for everyone but the ui for picking a shard has killed my enthusiasm. I loved seeing a tourney pop up and being able to see the rewards right away. Now you have to pick a time and bracket yourself before this is possible.

So my point is can we get a rewards button on the time pick screen so we can see what rewards are? I shouldn't have to visit forums to discover this info

Comments

• Unknown
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Oletheos wrote:
    Time shards is a good thing for everyone but the ui for picking a shard has killed my enthusiasm. I loved seeing a tourney pop up and being able to see the rewards right away. Now you have to pick a time and bracket yourself before this is possible.

So my point is can we get a rewards button on the time pick screen so we can see what rewards are? I shouldn't have to visit forums to discover this info

And while we're at it, there hasn't been a peep about whether the initial slice options are set or if they're still being looked at for tweaking. I know it's not the Euro-sized problem that was there pre-slices, but I still can't figure out why 1 AM EST is the "standard" slice:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19307
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20147

They are fixing that in R67. It seems to say you will be able to see the rewards before you join.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    you could always check the events forum. there is always a thread for the current event and rewards available
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    you could always check the events forum. there is always a thread for the current event and rewards available

Here I am with Oly, it's just not cool to jump to forums to see rewards structure and then back to game. Whenever I do it on my phone, the game crashes and needs to load again which takes time...
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They've actually announced this for the next update.
    http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20147
  • h4n1s
    Options

I am afraid that announcement is not addressing the OP point. They enable you to see rewards right after you enroll to shard. You can't check the rewards in game before you select the shard. This is crucial as long as you pay attention to meta, where each shard is having different difficulty.
  • h4n1s wrote:

I am afraid that announcement is not addressing the OP point. They enable you to see rewards right after you enroll to shard. You can't check the rewards in game before you select the shard. This is crucial as long as you pay attention to meta, where each shard is having different difficulty.
    It says it will let you see the rewards on the "time selection" screen, before choosing a time
  • Another thing aside from visible rewards they need to fix already is auto joining subs. It forces you to grind the event every clear every day for 7 days to get a decent placement which is really idiotic. Otherwise you can't catch up if you don't play from the second it starts until the second it finishes.

Some people aren't going to spend their entire week babysitting timers for every pve - and if the rewards suck - as Elektra appears to be very sub par for a 4* - some people would just assume go for sub rewards. Having to grind 36 hours in every one will surely make many people quit. If the goal is to kill the game, we're well on our way!!
  • h4n1s
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    h4n1s wrote:

It says it will let you see the rewards on the "time selection" screen, before choosing a time

My bad. You're right. Hope it'll work that way.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    Another thing aside from visible rewards they need to fix already is auto joining subs. It forces you to grind the event every clear every day for 7 days to get a decent placement which is really idiotic. Otherwise you can't catch up if you don't play from the second it starts until the second it finishes.

Some people aren't going to spend their entire week babysitting timers for every pve - and if the rewards suck - as Elektra appears to be very sub par for a 4* - some people would just assume go for sub rewards. Having to grind 36 hours in every one will surely make many people quit. If the goal is to kill the game, we're well on our way!!
    According to IceIX the autojoining of subs thing is actually good. It allows sharding to work properky and prevents death brackets. He said that our tendency to coordinate entries in to events is what is causing a lot of the problems as it messes with sharding which is designed to help the majority of the playerbase than enters right away.
  • Agree 100%%% this so needs doing! (Couldn't use the"vote" button on the OP)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    h4n1s wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    h4n1s wrote:

My bad. You're right. Hope it'll work that way.
    I can confirm this is now live, I haven't started Trial by Combat yet, there is an Event Rewards button prior to selecting a slice