Low res textures?

Options
Unknown
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Is it me or do the textures of the game have become very pixelated lately? I mean, the game used to be more pleasant to the eye, but the Season X textures for the events seem to not cater for big screens (4.5"+). They seem cheap to me and I can see the pixels on the textures like they have a very small resolution. Even the green "Season X" logo does not appear smooth.

On my iPhone 5 they are better but on my HTC One that has a 4.9" screen I get the feeling some textures are lazy and cheap. Does anyone else experience this?

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I sometimes get lower res textures, but other times the high ones still pop in. I'm hoping there is some dynamic selection happening based on resource availability? That or they are making subtle tweaks and the new ones are still background-caching/loading. Its not consistent, so its hard to say.

One other thing could be that they are attempting to either: increase the number of devices the game is compatible with, or unify the codebase so that the same code/resources are powering a broader number of devices. Either of those changes could lead to visually unappealing changes... they could be intentionally dropping frames from animations in order to improve performance. (Or they could be responding to requests to speed up animations by dropping frames as well..)
  • Bloo_Alliance
    Options
    I'm playing on a 6 plus and an Air 2 and it look OK to me